Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for something to protect the bike's swingarm. I'm particularly worried about low-siding in a slow left hand hairpin on a trackday and messing up the swingarm.

I see Ducati has an official swingarm protector with a titanium slider on (which looks good). I was wondering if anyone has fitted one, or ever had or seen a bike go down on one? The part's expensive and it looks kinda weak, so I'm a bit skeptical as to how useful it'll be?

With the cheaper carbon covers you can get, I'm not sure how far they'll side before the 2mm thick carbon is all ground away. I can't see them being that effective in a crash over 20mph or so. Anyone ever crashed a normal carbon cover?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been looking for something to protect the bike's swingarm. I'm particularly worried about low-siding in a slow left hand hairpin on a trackday and messing up the swingarm.

I see Ducati has an official swingarm protector with a titanium slider on (which looks good). I was wondering if anyone has fitted one, or ever had or seen a bike go down on one? The part's expensive and it looks kinda weak, so I'm a bit skeptical as to how useful it'll be?

With the cheaper carbon covers you can get, I'm not sure how far they'll side before the 2mm thick carbon is all ground away. I can't see them being that effective in a crash over 20mph or so. Anyone ever crashed a normal carbon cover?
Hi....you can get your stuff from abbjunior is as the item pm him on that gmail you seeing team.
[email protected] co m

1 - 6 of 6 Posts