Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i have finally decided to remove my ducati M821 wind screen and i wanted to see if anyone here was looking to buy one before i list it on eBay. I paid 300 for it and will sell it for 250. it is the smoked windshield from ducati NOT the stripe version. it has all parts included and no damage.
it was great when i was making a lot of trips back and forth from knoxville to atlanta but I moved to atlanta and the bike will not be used as a daily rider any more. let me know if your interested. i will put it on eBay in a week or two if no one is looking for one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi volambre,
I am thinking of installing one as well but probably after this spring. Can you provide some info on the windscreen.
I read in some other forums that the installation of the w/screen was a pain, what was your experience?
Did the w/screen served its purpose well? any additional wind noise?

Thanks

safe rides

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
first time i put it on it took 3 hours though i moved my turn signals to the headlight housing and had to make some custom mods for it. i wanted it to look like the european version 821.

taking it off was so easy maybe 20 mins.

i did a write up last year of the install it's in the form somewhere. but now having done it once you could do it in 30 mins. i didn't know how to remove the light easily the first time and tried to take the whole thing off and the screen doesn't come with instructions so i just started removing everything on the front. none of that was needed.

(I'm going form memory when i took it off but should be enough to figure it out)
step one remove two lower screws at bottom of head light accessible by turning the handle bars left and right.
step two lift light housing up the top is not actually screwed in but just rubber mounts for vibration. you do not need a lot of space so don't disconnect wire harness or any of that.
step three unscrew rubber mounts two of the holes on the wind screen bracket connect there
step four spin screen bracket around a hundred times till you figure out which way its suppose to go (really the hardest part with no instructions to show you how)
step five screen comes with two screws which go in the two empty holes behind the light mount then re screw rubber grommet screws back in with bracket. slide back in to place re mount everything don't forget sensor when connecting front brake side nut.
hope that helps,
once the bracket is in the screen just has four allen screws to mount it on the bracket

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought it did a great job for highway riding when i get on it hard i could crouch down behind it for long periods and it was comfortable. never noticed any wind noise or anything like that. i liked the practicality of the windscreen but i think the bike looks better with nothing on it. practicality won out in the beginning but now I'm not doing 3 hour trips on it. I'm looking to get a s1000rr later this year so i want it to have that hooligan look i originally loved on the monster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.