Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see if anyone has any actual dyno figures for a 1098s. Ive had one done as a base run when new and am about to take it back to the same place to see the difference with the full termi system. Just curious to see if anyone has done this exercise?

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
and one posted at youtube.com which shows 162hp at the rear wheel w/ the full termi! that seems a bit high but the video includes the dynograph. makes you wonder about the accuracy of dynos.

gsxrboy, what did your base dyno at w/ stock exhaust? let us know the before and after HP numbers.

Elton

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Here ya go...

·
Registered
279 Posts
mrinflux said:
and one posted at youtube.com which shows 162hp at the rear wheel w/ the full termi! that seems a bit high but the video includes the dynograph. makes you wonder about the accuracy of dynos.

gsxrboy, what did your base dyno at w/ stock exhaust? let us know the before and after HP numbers.

Elton
This site gives stock figures and the famed 162bhp full system
http://www.motorapido.co.uk/view newsletter.php?news=1166823096

·
Registered
77 Posts
1/4 Times

Speaking of power - does anyone have any official 1/4 times for the base or S 1098? I've seen speculative numbers (sub 10 seconds) but nothing official. I believe the 999 was good for about 10.22. I know it's not intended to be a straight line dragger - but I'm curious.

·
Registered
337 Posts
gixxerboy said:
Just curious to see if anyone has any actual dyno figures for a 1098s. Ive had one done as a base run when new and am about to take it back to the same place to see the difference with the full termi system. Just curious to see if anyone has done this exercise?
----------
That will be helpful to see-- the before and after on the same bike.
We need to remember that different dyno types will produce different numbers. Often the same type of dyno at different shops will also give different numbers.
The best numbers will like the ones Gixxerboy will provide. Same Bike, same machine, with only one modification.
Looking forward to that graph.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
If you notice on the links i posted the first is a stock bike on pump gas(blue) and u-4 race gas[red], and the second link is with the full Termi system on pump gas. Done by the same shop on the same dyno.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey gixxerboy, I see you've put Termis on ya 1098s, would you be interested in selling me your standard cans? I'm over in Brisbane.
Cheers
Scott

·
Registered
79 Posts
Diablo said:
Hey gixxerboy, I see you've put Termis on ya 1098s, would you be interested in selling me your standard cans? I'm over in Brisbane.
Cheers
Scott
If gixxerboy doesn't want to part with his stock cans, I have them available too. I only fitted Termi carbon slip-ons, so cans are all I have to part with. But I don't want to step on toes, so let me know if gixxerboy passes on the sale.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Rettags

rettags said:
If gixxerboy doesn't want to part with his stock cans, I have them available too. I only fitted Termi carbon slip-ons, so cans are all I have to part with. But I don't want to step on toes, so let me know if gixxerboy passes on the sale.
Thanks Rettags, Gixxerboy hasn't seen my posting I don't think.. How much would you part with your cans for? are you in Australia? My email is [email protected]

Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
The bike mentioned doing 162.7 bhp is mine! It was tested at Moto Rapido and I can assure you the power fiogures are pretty spot on. This was not a publicity stunt!! I raced the bike last weekend and it is easily as fast if not faster than any R1,K7 or Blade. Only my lack of ability held me back!

For a full report see my web site www.maducatiracing.com

Safe riding

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not to sure how they get their figures but I beg to differ. Has anyone else run dyno runs that they want to admit. Dont get me wrong I like the bike and all, Just cant believe the difference in figures. The guys at any dyno shop can change the figures to read higher but whats the point. If you have run dynos please list make of dyno and attachments whether its an inertia or load dyno. Most dynos if inertia you put a factor in to simulate road use and I know shops usually make it read higher as thats what the customer wants to see.

G

·
I've seen everything from 131 to 162...either somebody needs to recalibrate their dyno, or the boys in Italy can't make a consistant machine. I'm getting mine done hopefully Monday so we shall see.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts