Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having some issues with the stalling and lumpy down low revs. does the termi slip ons come with an specific ecu and do they always say 1098 racing on the dash as mine says 1098 superbike and how easy is it to sync the throttle bodies .any help or suggestions would be appreciated .

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Take it to a dealer/dyno shop and have it tuned. The slipons don't have a dedicated ecu; the full system does and will say 1098 Racing. Though I wouldn't think just adding slipons without a tune would cause you to stall...

Throttle boddies I haven't done. Again, I'd take it to a tuner.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Termi Slip ons have a Slip on ECU. Dash says 1098 Racing. Termi Full Systems have a Full System ECU. Dash says 1098 Racing EVO

Regardless, I think the stumbling is a sign of the throttle bodies needing a rest. You can do this fairly easy by yourself. If it's not too expensive at the dealer, you could also do it with them to save the hassle.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am having the same issue as well from time to time. I'm no expert but from what I read and understand and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, the slip on set up has a ecu designed specifically for it that has a different map like somewhere in between stock map and full exhaust map. I had mine done and waiting to get it back. Hopefully it fix the problem. Also having the "1098 Racing" on your dash is a good sign, it doesn't really tell you much since other people can change it to whatever you want. Like randomtask said, take your bike to the shop and dyno it or have someone plug your ecu to a computer and see what map it has on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the info guys , ive been thinking a dealer visit was in my near future . does anyone know the approximate cost for this service . trying to work on a budget just put a chunk of money into the bike new complete clutch kit , fork seals , coils ,brake pads and of course oil filter and plugs . oh and some mad duc mirror block offs and oberon bar end blinkers with extensions for crg lane splitter mirrors .

thanks again for youre replies

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok been looking for a slip on ecu but im noticing a trend that people are buying them and they are not the correct ones and they are really hard to tell as allot have numbers and stickers on them that are different .Am i better just getting a bazzaz unit or a pcv .

jim

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jim
You can reflash your ECU with the correct maps. There are a bunch of places you can check for the maps (and members here).
Check out jpdiag or turnerpro
Cables are cheap on ebay and you can reset service lights, or check sensors, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.