Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been dealing with my TPS errors for a little while now, dealer said i need to replace the TPS as there was no signal from it whatsoever to the ecu. I couldnt afford that so i went home and took the connector off to check things and found fuel inside the connector. I know this is strange and no one has been able to tell me how it got in there but i've cleaned it, the bike runs again, but it keeps building back up. Today I jammed the connector full of dielectric grease and it seemed to help but she's still very randomly getting the error, but now im getting T.watt too! my coolant temp gauge went blank, she strated running like crap.. then cleaned back up, the light went off and she ran perfect.. for about 5 minutes.

After some reading im understanding this can be the sign of a fried ecu as tps and T.watt share the same ground internally. My question is, can the ecu jsut fry out like this by itself? from the reading it sounds like something that is done TO the bike on accident via crossing connectors when using JPdiag ect. anyone heard of these ecu's just going poof randomly?
2007 1098 Termi slipon ecu.

thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you but that didnt answer my question.
I've never used JPdiag the wrong way. Or at all for that matter. The question was can the ecu fry like this all by itself? If i've never used JPdiag or crossed any connectors of any sort then should i be looking at the ECU or is it being fried without human intervention an impossibility

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.