Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd say I got my money's worth out of this tire, huh? :eek:

Going into the last track day of the season, I thought I'd have 1 day left on this tire, so no reason to buy another one. Turns out I had about 4 sessions left only, and not at my full pace either. It was sliding all over the place the whole time...never have I appreciated TC more than that day! For this and for when I had a big slide in the first turn of the first lap of the day due to water in my belly pan that splashed on the tire when I leaned it over and got on the gas :shitfan:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a well used Michelin Power Slick, how many miles/days?
About 300 miles, but really it was sliding all over the place before that. Didn't last as much as others and the grip I got from it was not that great. I like the front but not impressed with the rear at all. At this point, IMO, I rank the Bridgestone slicks higher than the Michelins. I will try the Pirellis next year.

Reactions: 219R

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
300 miles! Shit... I do good to get 30 out of mine!! Nothing sticks like a new slick!!...just sayin...

BTW, how many heat cycles was on that 300 mile rear?

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Also, if you don't mind, what air pressure were you typically inflating the tire, and what compound was the tire constructed. I assume that is a 200/65.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
30?? I doubt that. Even a WSBK rider could get more out of it than that, and you're not that fast ;)

I had 3 days on it, so 3 heat cycles. But of course, this was just for track days. I raced on it a few times when the tire was brand new, after which I used it for a couple of track days. If I would've used it only for racing, I would've changed it before, because I could tell that I was going 2-3 seconds slower once it started to wear out....but for a track day I didn't care. Didn't even have a transponder with me the last day, so I didn't care if I was going slower. I used that thing up all the way! haha....most people tend to change their tires sooner than they have to, which for track days it's a waste IMO. Now for racing, that's a different story, because putting on a new tire can make the difference between getting 7th or getting 3rd in a race for example.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
End of season? Dude....you gotta start heading south...I still ride into at least November... :stickpoke
Yeah yeah...rub it in! And Steven too!

It's already dropped to 45 degrees in the mornings and at night here, and it's only going to get colder. November will probably bring some snow too.

Reactions: StevenAthas

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
910 Posts
November 2 at VIR north course, man it must suck up there!:stickpoke you can probably start snowmobiling about then:dance:

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
November 2 at VIR north course, man it must suck up there!:stickpoke you can probably start snowmobiling about then:dance:
Nah, we don't get that much snow here. Not enough for snowmobiles. Usually about 4-5 decent snowstorms each winter, but it's just freakin cold all the time!

Funny that in about a week and a half I'll be flying over to Charlotte, NC for a meeting and my first thought was to check and see if there's anything cool going on at VIR on that Friday because if there was I'd stay an extra day and drive over there :D....unfortunately their schedule shows just test day or practice day, so nothing really exciting :/

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
910 Posts
Nah, we don't get that much snow here. Not enough for snowmobiles. Usually about 4-5 decent snowstorms each winter, but it's just freakin cold all the time!

Funny that in about a week and a half I'll be flying over to Charlotte, NC for a meeting and my first thought was to check and see if there's anything cool going on at VIR on that Friday because if there was I'd stay an extra day and drive over there :D....unfortunately their schedule shows just test day or practice day, so nothing really exciting :/
you could check out the Atom.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you could check out the Atom.
That would be cool, but probably not worth the 3 hour drive, and 3 hour drive back....plus I already got the plane ticket, and I'll be leaving around 10-11 a.m. on friday.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hope you ride faster then you drive , :stickpoke
Close enough. I said 3 hours because I looked at it from Shelby, NC where I'm going, but then I decided to get a hotel near CLT instead.

Reactions: cbr6
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.