Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 23000ks my 2011 diaval has started to make a perticular noise near water pump . The noise is intermitent every 5 seconds at any rpm in gear or in netral . Sounds like cavatation .

·
Registered
529 Posts
Never heard any of the noises coming from these engines described as 'cavitation,' but I found this video and it reminds me of the noise I heard when my alternator side crank case cover bearing malfunctioned...

Does it sound like this ? :)

Sound of Cavitation

I'll post up a couple of videos documenting my incident; do you have the capability to post a video clip of the noise? I'm sure you'd get a better response if you could...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Rod, I see that you posted in DLIT's thread as well:

http://www.ducati.org/forums/diavel/62490-2015-diavel-peculiar-noise-engine.html

The videos that I referred to in my previous post are linked in that thread...

In the first video you can hear what a bad bearing sounds like... my bearing cage broke and the balls were getting thrown around and chewed up inside the race--kinda sounds like the cavitation in the video above.

You can remove the two bolts on the small window on the alternator side crank case cover to have a quick look at the bearing. Refer to my second video, it shows you how to do this. You can rule out the bearing in a couple of minutes and move on if that's not it.

Let us know what you find!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Highly doubt its cavitation. If so you will have major issue. I work in an industry where we analyze cavitation and it can do some amazing things. All of them bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts