Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I guess it depends on where you are, mine is always over 200 in traffic but cruising usually like 145-190 anywhere in between there.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I make it a habbit to not get stuck with traffic once she hits 180.

When the temp gets to 180* I either pass the slower traffic or find a new route.
Where I live there isn't too much traffic.

However, it is not uncommon to get stuck behind twenty or thirty Harley a$$hole$ who have now clue how to ride a bike.

I find the bike is much more comfortable on the rider at or below 160*.
At 70MPH I can keep the temp under 160*

Besides, I have 9400 Miles on the old girl, it is time for something to break. She is six months old.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Did you put the fuse in?Thats should take care of everything. Even 212 degrees is ok...yeah, your ass gets hot, but it won't hurt the motor...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Did you put the fuse in?Thats should take care of everything. Even 212 degrees is ok...yeah, your ass gets hot, but it won't hurt the motor...
Is this post for me?

I don't have a bad fuse, nor is my fan rubbing on anything.

My fan does not turn.
By does not turn this means, I can not turn the fan with my hand. The right side turns freely.

I pretty much know that Ducati will be installing a new fan.
All the fuses in the world will not correct my issue.

As for my ass getting hot, I live in a part of the country where there should not be traffic.
There is only slow motorcycle traffic.
Why overheat the bike if you don't have to?

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks like I just ran into this one. I haven't had a chance to check the fan yet and fuse yet, but that looks like the next best step for me..

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my RC, I wired in a switch to overide the fan relay. I could run the fans when ever I wanted by switching on the relay manually or, it would still run the fans via temp sensor. Just took two wires to do it. I haven't had this bike get too hot in traffic so I haven't done it yet on this one. If you want, I could look into it.....
Can you show me how to do this?

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Can you show me how to do this?
maybe not..

Quick tip, check the age of the posts before you hit reply. It’s the little date just above what they wrote.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts