Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 40 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thats the same exact setup I was going to order, same colors and all.

Off topic, but is it easy to install? Do you guys use locktite or just hand tighten and leave be?

What springs is everyone using (stock or stainless)?
The Cap kits usually come with SS springs. You can use stock springs, but they will rust and the SS ones obviusly will not. Cap screws just screw in and bottom out, and the cover just needs to be tightened by hand. Overall it's pretty simple to set up.

-ND

P.S.: Those Rizoma belt covers are pretty sweet looking DucatiGuy. It would be cool to see all of that spinning going on in there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
PS... what also looks great, if you're on the window kick (or even open clutch look), is Rizoma's billet belt cover for the 1098...

Seeing all that spinning mechanics is pure eye candy!

Where'd ya get that from? Gotta linky?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thats the same exact setup I was going to order, same colors and all.

Off topic, but is it easy to install? Do you guys use locktite or just hand tighten and leave be?

What springs is everyone using (stock or stainless)?
Install took about an hour. I hand tightened.

And used the stock springs.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Excellent thread. I was looking to get some idea on what to get for my 1098. Here is what I use now while I am looking for a good pressure plate and clutch cover:

·
Registered
532 Posts
That's some nice clutch covers you all have there. I have always really liked those speedymoto 10 spoke one... kinda match the wheels, but I've seen them a bit. Now the Rizoma dry clutch cover never seen it before, and that's downright sexy... I've seen those belt covers by them before though and liked them too. Of course I just have a wet clutch so what do I know.:confused: I could get me some of those belt covers though.:)

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Clutch bling

Here's mine, (Black 2 piece Speedy Moto cover, Red pressure plate, Gold captors, and S/S springs):

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Clutch bling

Thats not bad, what brand is that??
Rosco,

My dealer ordered the 2 piece open cover from Speedy Moto, but it's stamped, "Cycle Cat," on the inside. I believe the pressure plate is Ducati Performance, but it's been a while, and I'm not sure. I don't recall where the captors and springs came from, (I think they were Speedy Moto also, but I could be wrong).

Elton

21 - 40 of 194 Posts