Ducati.org forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Who makes this eliminator kit and what led's did you get from Watsen Design?
Eliminator Kit is made by Yellow Duc andyou should be able to get www.motowheels.com to special order you one. Don't pay the extra 20 dollars for the signal mounts if you are relocating the signals in your vents.

Reasons to spend 150 dollars on this over any other...

1. It's solid as steel.

2. Doesn't wiggle, come loose, or make a single sound of vibration when the bike is running.

3. Machined aluminum so it's very strong.

4. Black anodized to aid in its invisible aesthetic and clean finish.

5. Location cleans up undertail better than most.

6. Adjustment is easy and once its done you don't have to mess with it ever again.

7. Hardware is all stainless steel, high quality.

8. Uses stock plate light.

9. It's a very nice design.

See this video I made of the signals.

They're Watsen design signals for the Sport Classic. Their website shows them in detail. Here's some pics of the install.

I had the same question, and after researching, I believe it's the Yellow Duc eliminator.
That's correct. Here's some detail shots:

Wow that looks goods. Thats some crazy angle on the plate. Just the way I like it.:D
Thanks, you and me both.

Hey>>>absolutey great look...congrats..
Question...why your tire looks so fat compared with mine or others? Is it my view or I'm nuts?
And another one...is that all full system, it looks so clean? I'm just asking because if I see my picks it leaves the impression that the main pipes start to get rusty AT the weldings but they don't...it changes color from the heat but I don"t like the look>>I tried all kinds of polish products but can't get rid of it...any advice...anybody??
See Waller's post (because he's right- thanks Waller) and my comments below...

Marlon,

His tire appears to be a 190/55 (same tire as on the 2010 1198S, which is the rim he has installed)

His exhaust looks so "clean" because it is ceramic coated in black. Ceramic coating conseals heat inside the pipes, helping to improve performance, plus looks IMO. Hopes this helps.
Wallers right about the tire except I replaced the stock with a different tire than the '09-'10 1198/s tires which are the Supercorsa SC2. This rear is an SC3, but you are correct about the tire size. The SC3 is a little harder compound and requires a bit more warm-up when you are going to push it. I like it because I tend to go through tires very quickly. The 1198 and 1198s all come with the same Diablo Supercorsa SC2 190/55 R17 rears.

Here's a link to my bike thread with quite a bit more info including the ceramic coating which I highly recommend to anyone doing any kind of non titanium exhaust:

http://www.ducatispot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16080&highlight=goodies+1198

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Wallers right about the tire except I replaced the stock with a different tire than the '09-'10 1198/s tires which are the Supercorsa SC2.
Whoops! I guess I should have been more specific and said same SIZE tire. :D

Luke the bike is sick!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Eliminator Kit is made by Yellow Duc andyou should be able to get www.motowheels.com to special order you one. Don't pay the extra 20 dollars for the signal mounts if you are relocating the signals in your vents.

Reasons to spend 150 dollars on this over any other...

1. It's solid as steel.

2. Doesn't wiggle, come loose, or make a single sound of vibration when the bike is running.

3. Machined aluminum so it's very strong.

4. Black anodized to aid in its invisible aesthetic and clean finish.

5. Location cleans up undertail better than most.

6. Adjustment is easy and once its done you don't have to mess with it ever again.

7. Hardware is all stainless steel, high quality.

8. Uses stock plate light.

9. It's a very nice design.

See this video I made of the signals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ic0z3ey5yI

They're Watsen design signals for the Sport Classic. Their website shows them in detail. Here's some pics of the install.

That's correct. Here's some detail shots:

Thanks, you and me both.

See Waller's post (because he's right- thanks Waller) and my comments below...

Wallers right about the tire except I replaced the stock with a different tire than the '09-'10 1198/s tires which are the Supercorsa SC2. This rear is an SC3, but you are correct about the tire size. The SC3 is a little harder compound and requires a bit more warm-up when you are going to push it. I like it because I tend to go through tires very quickly. The 1198 and 1198s all come with the same Diablo Supercorsa SC2 190/55 R17 rears.

Here's a link to my bike thread with quite a bit more info including the ceramic coating which I highly recommend to anyone doing any kind of non titanium exhaust:

http://www.ducatispot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16080&highlight=goodies+1198

How do you mount the eliminator? do you need to drill holes or?

//BR
Patrik

·
Registered
525 Posts

//BR
Patrik
I have the same fender eliminator, the yellow duc eliminator that is.

What I did is tap the two holes in the bracket (easy to do because it's aluminum) and put an M6 set screw to hold it.

So, you slip it on (it is a tight fit btw) and position it where you want then screw down the set screw with some loctite and presto!

Or, you can drill a hole in you under seat and secure it that way.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Took me a while to post this up here. Didn't like the option available (cost and quality) so I set out to make my own. Luckily I had access to CAD, and a friend with access to a machine shop. This is what I came up with.
That is sweet! Would you be able to make another one?

·
Registered
3,880 Posts

//BR
Patrik
See DIMBARATTO's post...

I have the same fender eliminator, the yellow duc eliminator that is.

What I did is tap the two holes in the bracket (easy to do because it's aluminum) and put an M6 set screw to hold it.

So, you slip it on (it is a tight fit btw) and position it where you want then screw down the set screw with some loctite and presto!

Or, you can drill a hole in you under seat and secure it that way.
And...

You do need to drill two holes. I marked with a pencil, drilled, and that allows for two set screws to mount into bracket, comes with instructions, but PM me and I can help you with any specific concerns.

·
Registered
305 Posts
See DIMBARATTO's post...

And...

You do need to drill two holes. I marked with a pencil, drilled, and that allows for two set screws to mount into bracket, comes with instructions, but PM me and I can help you with any specific concerns.
Slick setup. I assume this would work on an 848?
Those LED's are expensive, are they really that good?

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Slick setup. I assume this would work on an 848?
Thanks... And yes, it will.

Those LED's are expensive, are they really that good?

Yes, they are... much brighter and more obvious than anything else out there.

The video doesn't show the intensity, but you can get an idea (hurts your eyes to look at it in real life):

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just installed the Ducati two piece kit. It looks nice, but to get the bottom piece off, I had to remove the cans. The three allen wrench bolts sit looking down. There is no clearance to get an allen wrench between the pipes and the bolts.

Leave it to Ducati......
sorry... but im not sure how much easier it could be to remove the cans.. an allen bolt and a spring....???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does any one know where to get this Yellow Duc license plate holder I tried motowheels and they said they are out and have been unable to get more.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Running the Evolutione...

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Does any one know where to get this Yellow Duc license plate holder I tried motowheels and they said they are out and have been unable to get more.

They're sold out... I had a few friends who wanted it but couldn't track it down.

Honestly, they attract unwanted fix-it tickets anyway... I was getting on PCH the other day and a CHP Moto pulled up next to me giving me the stare down, I just lifted my visor and said, "I already have a fix-it ticket for it".

I think he would have pulled me over but some squid flew by on a speed triple crossing over two lanes at high speed...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just got pulled over

Just got pulled over by a BIKER COP today. Was doing about 100mph in Los Angeles on the 405 North around LAX. Somehow I managed to talk myself out of a ticket :yo: but he did give me some insight about fender relocation. He notied my was still stock.

He said the license plate must be visible from 50 feet behind the bike. That is 50 feet while there is a rider on the bike (since the weight of the rider may obscure the plate).

He also said that so long as I commute regularly on the 405 I should stick with the stock plate holder to "avoid being harassed by cops." :jerkoff:

Other interesting observations the cop made:
1) Noticed the burned tread on the sided of my tires and asked how much track riding I do :smoking:
2) Complemented my full Termignoni exhaust system (which, by the way, is NOT street legal)
3) Commented that Ducati riders tend to be law obyding citizens as compared to Japanese bike riders
4) Reminded me not to cut across the double yellow lines to enter/exit the car pool lanes
5) Said he pulls over riders with hidden license plates because they are more likely to run from the cops (mentioned a recent pursuit of a rider with obstructed plates that ended in the demise of the rider)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the standard comp werks eliminator and the LP integrated tail light.

That's what I am thinking about doing. Was going to see if I could find another FE kit for the plate, tho. I do like the LP lights for sure! Saw a few vids on youtube and loved it.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts