Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had several experiences with header wrap from working on peoples "race cars" and I'm leaning towards coating. I had a set of big block headers thermal coated when the technology was young in the performance industry and the coating turned a white color and flaked after awhile.

Just wanted to know:

1.How long have they been wrapped or coated?
2.Does it look like Butt yet?

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I can't speak specifically for the 1199 but I've wrapped and ceramic coated a couple different headers on my 848 and I'll take the wrapping. The Ti wrapping to be specific. The ceramic coating didn't do much for keeping the heat down but the wrap did for sure. Even after a few yrs the wrap looked good and I ride a lot. The ceramic never went any funny colour but as mentioned, it did nothing to keep the heat down.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have had several experiences with header wrap from working on peoples "race cars" and I'm leaning towards coating. I had a set of big block headers thermal coated when the technology was young in the performance industry and the coating turned a white color and flaked after awhile.

Just wanted to know:

1.How long have they been wrapped or coated?
2.Does it look like Butt yet?
This topic has been covered many times, each person has their own opinion.

Hopefully it can help with your decision and answer some questions.

http://www.ducati.org/forums/1199-panigale/42165-exhaust-wrapping.html

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks, I have already found a bunch of the posts using the search function. I did not see much info however on long term durability. That is the reason for my post. Most of the posts I found have how it turned out after install or a few weeks later.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I've got one header on the 848 that's been wrapped since 2009. It probably has 40-50,000Kms on it and still looking new. As mentioned it's the Ti wrap and stands up to some adverse weather conditions. It's my understanding that the Ti wrap has an epoxy in it that when heated from use, seals itself to the pipe and keeps itself looking good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts