Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to change the muffler on my Monster 821. Not for a performance improvement just don't like the look of the stock twin silencers.

I see that Leo Vince, Arrow and Akropovic make slip-ons would like to learn from those with advice and experience to help select which one. Don't want louder (not much louder) or re-mapping just a nice net pipe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd like to change the muffler on my Monster 821. Not for a performance improvement just don't like the look of the stock twin silencers.

I see that Leo Vince, Arrow and Akropovic make slip-ons would like to learn from those with advice and experience to help select which one. Don't want louder (not much louder) or re-mapping just a nice net pipe.
I have the Leovince - it looks great and isn't much louder than stock. I got it on eBay for like $350 brand new or somewhere around there.. the bike seems to run fine without a remap.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Termis have db killers and comes with up map key..sc project dual crt titanium is the sound i like personally sounds lile a true monster...like a ford mushtang wit lota character but lil loud.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I did a lot of research before deciding for the Termi/Slip Ons , the SC sounds brutal, but way to loud for my taste, takes the pleasure out of a good sounding exhaust, the Termi sound just right, remove the DB killers and every hit of the throttle or down shift brigs a smile to my face and turns heads where ever I go....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went with the Competition Werks slip on. IMO it was the best sounding option.

Honestly, I'd recommended a tune regardless of the pipes you end up with. It was running lean AF.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went with Leo Vince. Very pleased. Looks way better (tidier), lighter and sounds perfect, no tune needed, no popping on decel and clearance for my heel. Highly recommend it.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very tidy appearence. How's the sound?
i agree with the tidy appearance. the sound was incredibly loud however, so ive since ordered a db killer from an ebay seller, and it now has a level that is to my liking. i still think the termi system sounds the best of the ones ive heard, but it was way too quite, and i didnt like the aethetics. the 2018 821s have a shorter set of cans, looks better than the elongated pre 2018 ones, but this is all personal preference.
i do love the full ti system tho had to go the headers after initially gettin the cr-t slip on, and getting rid of the exhaust valve is just another plus.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did lota research and i liked the sound of competition werkes gp carbon exhaust wid baffles its light weight it can reduce weight by 6 kgs and sounds brutal

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did lota research and i liked the sound of competition werkes gp carbon exhaust wid baffles its light weight it can reduce weight by 6 kgs and sounds brutal

Nice choice. I ordered mine with the baffle too but some how it never made it in the exhaust when I installed it. Still sitting in the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anybody have a scorpion serket fitted to an 18 model year
They look nice but can't find any info on what it sounds like

·
Registered
7 Posts
SC Project GP70-R for me. I ride with ear plugs so noise is not an issue for me. They don't inspect for DBs or emissions in my county so I'm not concerned with that. With the Rapid Bike EVO, this exhaust is a wide open snarling beast. I love it. Looks a lot better than the OEM can too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the SC project doesnt look too bad IMO, but i may be biased :) the ti headers look, and fit, like a dream.
Hi! Where did you get your exhaust system from? Love the clean look - I’ve got the street legal SC slip on which sounds lovely too

·
Registered
6,074 Posts

Used both LV and Akra on my 848 and 1098R, both were gr8 quality! Go with the best fit and price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the SC project doesnt look too bad IMO, but i may be biased :) the ti headers look, and fit, like a dream.
Hi Jake,
Just saw the only post so far that has a SC project full system. Just want to inquire before i get the headers, if there were any adjustments needed to be made to fit the 2015 821 (presuming your
Hey Jake,

Planning to change to a full system from SC project on my 2015 Monster 821 as well. Luckily, you are the only person so far who has done the full system on an older model (presuming yours is 2015-17 model). However, SC project only guarantees fitment for models 2018 and above, so wanted to confirm if there were any adjustments made to the SC hraders to fit your Monster’s vertical and horizontal heads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts