Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at Comp weeks, Shift tech, and Remus. I don't like the looks of the Arrow as much, and the SC Projects might be too loud (?) I also don't like the looks of the Termis nor the price.

I am going to also do a power commander.

So I am looking at performance and aesthetics. I'd love improved sound but don't want to go for obnoxiously loud.

Any suggestions?

I've looked all over you tube and google, so am just looking for experiences and opinions. I'd love for someone to just get a whole bunch of 821s together (or 1200s for that matter since they're more out there online it seems) with all the different exhausts and record them all in a row. ;) It's really hard to compare different videos with different angles, some in garages, some with crap sound, etc.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd vote for Akra. SC project has a double slip on like the Termis but are for the M1200. It should also fit the M821 but either they forgot to include it for the catalog or it doesn't get performance gains for the M821.

QD exhaust also has double slip ons. Personally, the double set ups gives a better growl(well at least on videos) and I prefer the looks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'd vote for Akra. SC project has a double slip on like the Termis but are for the M1200. It should also fit the M821 but either they forgot to include it for the catalog or it doesn't get performance gains for the M821.

QD exhaust also has double slip ons. Personally, the double set ups gives a better growl(well at least on videos) and I prefer the looks.
Everything I've seen to date has told me that the slip-ons for the 1200/s should be exactly the same as for the Monster 821. I sent a note out to SC Project to see if they can confirm the fitment of that double slip-on for the 821.. We'll see what they say.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For some reason I was thinking the Akras were in the same price bracket as the Termis, but they're not.

I also just saw Zard...

And now have to go look for GPR and QD.

So many to choose from! I want to see and hear them all in person.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Everything I've seen to date has told me that the slip-ons for the 1200/s should be exactly the same as for the Monster 821. I sent a note out to SC Project to see if they can confirm the fitment of that double slip-on for the 821.. We'll see what they say.
I'd be interested to know. Looking for some cans for the new 821 I just picked up yesterday!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd also be curious about the SC-project Oval that they have for the 1200 but not the 821. It looks similar to the conic but comes in carbon fiber vs. titanium.

·
Registered
80 Posts
comp werkes with db killers is good. looks great. I haven't noticed much difference as far as performance goes but i'll be doing to power commander once i get some money... although finding a place in CA to install it will be tough. Hopefully my bmw mechanic roommate can help with that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got the 821 and 1200S with termi's - both look and sound amazing! I am very pleased with them and will post some pictures in the other thread.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a Competition Werkes... briefly, man it was loud. Didn't buy the DB killer for it. Now
i have the SC project, beautiful, simple piece and sounds absolutely perfect. The stock cans with cats have to weigh at least 20lbs! SC project is very light, figure I shaved off around 20lbs :)
I was looking at the Power commander but I wanted the auto tune function and total cost from dynojet was around 600$+- AND you have to weld in bungs for the PC wideband sensors. Have decided to get the Rapid Bike EVO box, 525$ and it uses the existing o2 sensors for the auto tune.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had a Competition Werkes... briefly, man it was loud. Didn't buy the DB killer for it. Now
i have the SC project, beautiful, simple piece and sounds absolutely perfect. The stock cans with cats have to weigh at least 20lbs! SC project is very light, figure I shaved off around 20lbs :)
I was looking at the Power commander but I wanted the auto tune function and total cost from dynojet was around 600$+- AND you have to weld in bungs for the PC wideband sensors. Have decided to get the Rapid Bike EVO box, 525$ and it uses the existing o2 sensors for the auto tune.
I love the sound of the CW but also love the look of the Termis as they retain the dual exhaust which, to me, is classic Monster. I would have enjoyed the CW more if they made a dual exhaust version! It sounds beast!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just got my Zard and test fitted it last night. Looks decent but I am not completely sure that it adds much to the sound, in terms or deepness and loudness. It's been freezing cold and rain/snow mix so did not get a chance to ride yet so we'll see. I plan on doing full install and sound comparison videos next weekend, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
375 Posts
BTW, I can't recommend Zard. Stock exhaust sounds way better and that really throaty sound on deceleration is completely gone! This is just deeper sounding but not even one bit louder than stock, even with db killers removed.

Fit is so-so. They placed a logo right behind the passenger peg!

Power-wise, i have no clue but it's nothing noticeable.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.