Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm looking into ideas on exhaust for my '14 SF848. If I go with Termignoni kit, how do you know it's really set up right unless you do a dyno tune. How do you make adjustments if they are needed without a fuel management?
What would be a better set up, say an arrow or akrapovic with an air filter and fuel management with custom map/ dyno tune? Just your thoughts as I'm new to the Ducs and looking for some info.
If you get a Termi, get the DP ECU that goes with it. The Ducati service department will plug diag sensors/ports into the bike and fine tune it.

Or, depending on the service department, you can get an exhaust of your choice and a DP reflash ECU that's compatible with the Ducati service department's hardware/software and end up with the same fine tuning.

I did the latter with an SC-Project GP-M2 exhaust and a Redline (or similar) ECU reflash. I ordered the exhaust from MotovationUSA.com and the Ducati Austin dealership parts department was actually able to order the ECU reflash directly from the vendor.

Whatever you do, don't get a Bazzaz or a Power Commander -- they won't *actually work* with a stock ECU. (And by *actually work* I mean they won't perform as advertised. Search if you want specifics.)

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
when it comes to the reflash of the ecu do they make it an open loop system or are your bikes still running closed loops, and were they able to smooth out the lower rpm range. Mine is pretty rough under 5k rpm, but as long as I'm on the throttle its ok. It's pretty hard to stay in the break in range when it doesn't want to be there.
I rode the bike for about a couple weeks before getting the ECU + tune and it definitely made the lower end more manageable. The bike/throttle definitely became more predictable in turns. But... it's a Ducati... Anyone claiming their lowend is perfect, regardless of tune/management, is lying ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
keju I actually seen your exhaust when I was looking for them and really liked that one more then the others....especially since it's still Italian. Did you remove your servo and flap on your bike? I did it on my gixxer just before I went and had the map/dyno tune done.
The Y-pipe that comes with the SC-Project GP M2 exhaust replaces the pipe that has the flap valve in it.

The DP ECU (and most copy/re-flashes) eliminate the check light caused by removing the servo. Or, you can leave the servo in and "job" it and you won't get the check light either, I did that until the ECU arrived.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I installed my new exhaust today and this is the result. ......loose springs!
I'm telling you... the short springs that came with it are for the canister. And you have to pull the OEM springs pretty tightly to get them to fit between the Y-pipe and the other pipes -- I had to use needle nosed pliers to stretch the OEM springs to fit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh yeah, and you'll probably want to use a copper exhaust gasket goo on that section in your photo. If you don't, condensation will drip around the joint and leave an ugly permanent stain on the titanium pipe before long.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok guys I need your help. I sent out my ecu for a reflash and now I have a check engine lite on, how can I find out what it is?
I figured it out how to read it and it is the DTC ecu failure
Eww, sounds like the folks that did your reflash used an older 1098 SF map as the base, since all of the 848 SF maps should have had DTC support since day one... I'm just speculating because we don't have more info, but that sounds like the case -- if it is the case then you shouldn't ride the bike until they send you an appropriately mapped ECU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.