Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
I wrapped the Termi system on my Sport 1000 with black Thermotech wrap, then sprayed it with the black Thermotech high temp paint. It is an easy do-it-yourself job. However, my issue with it was that since the front cylinder is exposed on the Sport 1000, with no fairing protection, little rocks eventually shredded the wrap on the front bend of the exhaust. It eventually looked kind of ghetto IMHO. It definitely needed to be re-done and that was like 6-8 months of use. Other than that I really liked the look and it was definitely cooler for me.

Another option is ceramic coating the pipes.

· Registered
303 Posts
on an 848/1098/1198, what length of wrap is actually required?
It depends on how wide the wrap is. You need a little bit of overlap, but you don't want a ton. So the wider the wrap, the less length you need, but it can be more of a PITA to make the bends, and also you may or may not like the visual look of the wider wrap. I actually dont know the answer, but I know I bought a 2 pack of 2" roll x 50' and both my Sport 1000 and my buddies 08 Hypermotard had enough each with a bit extra.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.