Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I've just bought my first Ducati 1198 S ( I f**ken love it) What a machine!

I've installed a HM quick shifter and have installed a Termignoni Exhaust system. I was expecting it to pop between gear shifts like the S1000rr and DSG cars.

The sound of car/bike engines are like music to my ears and the shift popping is the icing on the cake. Anyone have any ideas how to make it pop every gear shift?

I was looking to buy a power commander to adjust the fuel mapping, Do you think that might do the trick?

Your comments would be much appropriated guys!

Alex

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I had popping on decal on my bike with a Termi system.
Tried putting more fuel in it at closed throttle didn't fix it.
Sealed up the joins in the pipe sections with hi temp silicone and that seemed to fix it.
I don't like the popping myself.
As for the PC don't know if that will do what you want or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's ok I can't blame you lol

I know the popping isn't necessary but I want my Ducati to do it every time a shift gears like the S1000RR

Do you personally believe I can do it on my Ducati? If so how?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Often popping between shifts or after down shifting is due to an leak in the exhaust system/header somewhere. The time interval between shifts causes the engine to overrun lowering the pressure inside the exhaust, this allows fresh air to be drawn in through the leak. Excess un-burnt fuel collects in the exhaust too. When power is reapplied the un-burnt fuel ignites with the fresh air and creates a pop. Some quick shifter can cause popping too, especially the ones that simply cut the ignition while leaving fuel injectors pumping fuel, same principals apply. I guess you drill a hole somewhere but I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
8 Posts
With my experience drag racing usually the pop with an airshifter was a result of to much kill time with a rich map. Add fuel and lengthen the kill time and it will probably pop. NOS is more noticeable with this condition.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts