Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
San Diego Area

Selling my 2003 749s Bip that I laid down last year. There is no more title for it since it's not registered. I turned in the title to the DMV after the accident and received a full payment from my insurance company but can be re-titled with a simple inspection/trip. This was much easier at the time due to a looming deployment.

It was a 40mph low side with the front wheel going into a curb. I haven't checked out the forks yet but the front rim is done, I did have axle sliders on it so the brakes are fine though. To get it running again and street legal you'd need a water pump cover, left side clipon/controls, and front wheel. All of the street bodywork was damaged in one way or another. Some of it can be salvaged if you're up for it.

It's got a lightened flywheel, PC3 USB with quick shifter, termi slipon, Ohlins steering damper, billet gas cap, Luimoto seat cover, Puig Double Bubble screen, lots of safety wire drilled pieces. I loved her while I was riding her but I bought another Monster for the street (used to have one) because it's just so much more comfortable for commuting and riding 2 up. This was an amazing bike to have on the track.

I'm looking for $3,000 including all of the spares (swingarm, rear wheel, rear S shock with Eibach spring for 180lb rider with linkages, rear brake caliper and mount, fairing stay, rear stand and potentially more. There are also S4R stock parts available including full stock exhaust, ECU, windscreen and shock linkage.

The bike was used as a track bike in 2006 for about 5 trackdays before being converted to Biposto and put back on the street. I've moved back to a Monster for street riding and don't have a reason to get this back up for myself. With the spares it would make a great track bike or it can be re-titled easily. The insurance estimate was done at Moto Forza in Escondido, CA last year.

Email: [email protected] for any questions or requests for more pictures. Also listed on

Edit: Some of the aftermarket parts shown in the photos (clutch cover, pressure plate, slave cylinder, front sprocket cover) have been transfered to the S4R. The stock parts will go with the 749s.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts