- 4,400 miles
- one owner
- clean FL title in hand
- never been on the track
- never down
- always parked inside
- all stock besides open clutch cover
- new rear tire, fresh fluids, new battery, new starter clutch
- comes with both keys, DUCATI ID card, manual, passenger seat, passenger pegs and rear stand
- professionally serviced by me with records (I'm an engineer)
- bike looks and runs like new
- extreme torque monster

Specs:
- Fully adjustable Ohlins suspension front, rear and steering damper
- Slipper clutch
- Quickshifter
- Traction control
- Race logging
- Alu tank
- Forged Marchesini Wheels
- Carbon Fiber front fender
- Dry Weight: 370.3 lbs.

This was the last new 1198 SP RED in the Ducati dealer network when I bought it!

In my opinion this is the sexiest bike ever designed. It's an absolute babe magnet!

No trades, test rides only with cash and your current driver license with motorcycle endorsement in my hand.

Located in Tampa Bay Area, Florida.

Send me a PM and I'll get back to you the same day.

$14,490 (fixed)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Why does it have a slick rear tire??

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I wondered the very same thing when I first viewed this thread???

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Why does it have a slick rear tire??

Because I started finishing off my track tires (which are all slicks) on my GSX-R on the streets. I got used to riding slicks on the streets and when I needed a new rear for the 1198 SP I bought the Pirelli Supercorsa Pro instead of the OEM Supercorsa SP tire.

They are basically the same tire. The OEM Supercorsa SP tire has just the minimum amount of groves in order to be street legal, which renders them pretty useless in rainy conditions anyway. Since I never ride in the rain there was no need for groves in the tire at all.

As you guys should know the Pirelli Supercorsa Pro tire is (unlike the pure race tire Superbike Pro which I use for the track) a track oriented tire that can provide the same amount of heat cycles as the OEM Supercorsa SP tire. It also heats up in the same time.

As I said. This bike was never on any track. I have my race bike for that. A stock 1198 is far from being good on the track, it needs some major work if you want to be really fast. This bike is stock, always has been. It only takes one detailed look from a knowledgeable person to see that this bike is not a track whore.

This is how this bike spent most of it's time.. probably saw more pussy than you doubters lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Not even sag or the suspension have been changed from stock. And nobody would track this bike without dialing in the suspension for rider weight and track requirements. Especially when you weight 200 pounds like I do. Well maybe some of you slowpokes would, but not me.

Check out the blue protection paint on the forks. It's impossible to make changes without scratching this:

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Geez, no need to get all defensive and insult people dude...it was just a simple question. Just wondering why it had a slick on since you mentioned it's never been on track. Not just for the danger factor in case you get caught up in the rain or go over some loose gravel on a road, but also because it's illegal to ride with slicks on public roads.

Good luck with the sale with that attitude!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Geez, no need to get all defensive and insult people dude...it was just a simple question. Just wondering why it had a slick on since you mentioned it's never been on track. Not just for the danger factor in case you get caught up in the rain or go over some loose gravel on a road, but also because it's illegal to ride with slicks on public roads.

Good luck with the sale with that attitude!
The sarcasm wasn't for you, it was for Mtech and Obsidian LGT who questioned my statement that my bike never saw the track. Smartass comments with an attitude will be answered with the same friendly attitude. Simple as that, if you like it or not, I don’t give a fuck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Why the hell would anyone track these superbikes anyways. Come on man lighten up. Your bike is really under priced for your asking price. GLWS

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
LOL

And I'm sure those ladies draped over your bike would love to be referred to as "pussy"

Tool me thinks
If you ride your 1098 without linear linkage, on stock ECU with stock mapping and installed cats / exup, not dialed in suspension, no proper triple / geo etc than you are slow.

If you think a stock 1x98 is track ready and fast of the showroom floor than you don't know shit. Did you make it out of B group yet lol? What classes do you race? I sad fast, remember? Oh you don't race you just like to give noob advice based on nothing? With other words: fuck off pretender.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I grew up on my SP.. first bike ever.. put 10k on her.. perfect track bike.
Oh sorry mate! I thought that you had said the SP was the perfect track bike.

You must have really learned your race craft in a couple of short years, I've been chipping away at my riding without making such successful progress.

The guys that tell you they're really fast are usually not, they are just like me very average.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh sorry mate! I thought that you had said the SP was the perfect track bike.

You must have really learned your race craft in a couple of short years, I've been chipping away at my riding without making such successful progress.

The guys that tell you they're really fast are usually not, they are just like me very average.

Sorry, but I'm not average.

·
Registered
125 Posts
New price $14,000.
very nice bike..

One suggestion.. your responses to other trolls are discouraging and alarming to a perspective buyer. I wouldn't want to deal with someone who HAS to react on his OWN for sale thread just because a couple of people troll him..
That kind of immaturity is a red flag for someone looking to spend close to $15,000 on a "used" bike

Either grow up and shrug off the trolls..respond in a way that leads readers to believe that YOU are the adult and a veteran enthusiast..not some newbie who "found" ducati just 5-7 years ago because it was "cool"
or at least pretend.. at the very least, in YOUR OWN for sale thread..

Good luck with the sale!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts