Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Quebec the next riding season will get costly;

We are going from $1400 per year to register a sportbike to $2000 per year

Please, dont tell me the usual ''we in texas pay a 1-time fee of $7'' or somesuch...I know that already, just cry along :(

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts

Please, dont tell me the usual ''we in texas pay a 1-time fee of $7'' or somesuch...I know that already, just cry along :(
RTA fee in the great capitalism was $500 bucks for one of our cars. It’s a regional transportation fee of which there is no buses in our region that’s on top of the 300 registration fee.

We own 5 vehicles

And the tax was voted down in our county..

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
$2000 to register!!! Just to register or are you including insurance? If that's only registration what a ripoff. Especially considering your short riding season.
But don’t they get 3 months vacation? Or is that a myth?

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
It's expensive to put a sportbike on the road in Quebec. Here in BC it costs me $1000/yr to register and ride based on 1000cc. It's nothing to do with their government though. All to do with privatized insurance companies. here in BC we're the last of the government run insurance corporations. Not the best ran but it has it's perks if you keep your nose relatively clean.

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
910 Posts
It's expensive to put a sportbike on the road in Quebec. Here in BC it costs me $1000/yr to register and ride based on 1000cc. It's nothing to do with their government though. All to do with privatized insurance companies. here in BC we're the last of the government run insurance corporations. Not the best ran but it has it's perks if you keep your nose relatively clean.
are you saying it costs more for a sport bike then a cruiser?

·
Registered
173 Posts

Yes, but the opposition is proposing a $1400 discount when you install a right hand steering lock when you hit the brakes coming up to a red light.

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
are you saying it costs more for a sport bike then a cruiser?
No in BC they don't discriminate between styles of motorcycles. It's all based on CC's and value of bike. My $17,000 Aprilia at 1000CC's costs the same to insure as a Harley of the same CC and value. CC classes go 50cc-99cc, 100cc-399cc, 400cc-749cc, 750cc-1000-cc 1001cc and up.

·
Registered
20,854 Posts

Here in Alberta were paying for your welfare province!:shitfan:

·
Registered
6,756 Posts

Don't really see why this should affect you..

Is there a reason you have your bike registered?

Merry Chriseason

1 - 20 of 26 Posts