Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else find the well nuts on the bottom of the fairing to be a TOTAL pain in the A$$??!!?
I feel like every time I take off my fairings I have to replace the well nut.

Why would Ducati put a rubber expanding nut directly underneath a hot exhaust pipe?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Shark

Sharkskinz are plain AWESOME in every way man! I had a set which I used on my 748R when racing in CCS and had CCR pain them red and black. Then after that season I had Sean change it to the desert camo pattern for a few months. THEN when I bought the SV650 (which Phil has been winning so many races on) and again had Sean paint that same set the Red, White, Blue American Flag!

Point being, the one set of Skinz lasted YEARS with like 4 different paint jobs, two crashes, repairs, fitted to 2 different bikes, and never had any issues with it whatsoever! I seriously swear by Sharskinz and like Tye said, I used the Dzus fasteners on them as well. Yes the rubber well nuts are a pain in the ass but I think they do work out ok and don't fall off as often like the stupid little screws that hold on things like rear huggers and chain guards etc.

For anyone looking to buy some of those rubber well nuts I found a super contact who put together a kit of them in every size! They were all separated in plastic baggies and labeled on what size they were (M4, M8, etc) and they worked out great! You can buy them as singles or kits. Ask for Chris here:

DesmoParts.com | Specialty metric screws for your motorcycle as well as Fuel, Lube, and Air filters for your car or truck.

Just another piece of info for yoos guys!

Gunny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts