Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I have a 2012 MTS owned it from 2012 and it has never been real smooth, its been acceptable but now some days its a dog in the low revs, have had all sorts of plans to fix it like decat pipe different muffler, and recently was looking at the tune boy mapping, witch also gives you a cruise control apparently, Iam lead to believe the whole problem is the 02 sniffers in the exhaust, the tune boy looks good but is rather expensive at $500, so now Iam looking and the Fatduc Iam told it fools the ECU and richens up the fuel mix, has anyone here tried the Fatduc and what is you opinion, Iam a bit over not getting the results l looking for and have spent lots of money firstly one the bike, and now trying to fix it, l love Ducatis and have three of them, my ST4s is the sweetest running bike l have ever owned, l also have a project bike its a MTS 1000DS witch Iam changing in to a capable off roader, that little project is going well it will be a few months yet before its completed, thanks to anyone that has some info on the fatduc, and if anyone is interested in the off road MTS l my be able to help out their cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Multisrada

This is just my opinion on the improvements to the new Multi,, engine sure sounds like thy have got it right with the V V timing extra 10 hp not that it was needed but l would take it the more the better,, suspension mm not to sure about this,, when the old Olins are setup right, gold vales sprung correctly for the rider and the right oil, its a dam good package,, its not reactive like the new, but does it need to be ? not IMO l have mine setup right with the Olins and have found it to be superb, fast in the twisties on the harder sports setting and when you want to sit back in comfort on the softer settings it dose that too, yep the engine for mine would be the only improvement or the only thing l would change,, oh and l'd like a rear brake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well if anyone is interested l have fitted the 02 manipulators Fatduc and yes its much improved not perfect but alot better, it is now happy to roll along in 6th gear between 3-4 rpm with nun of the farting around, its far smother right off the bottom and fine in traffic, thumbs up for fatduc.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
The FatDuc is a nice addition for lower RPM running as well as slow speed stuff. A lot of Duc guys talk about going to the smaller front sprocket but that doesn't address the fueling issue. Just moves the speed it occurs at. The FatDuc richens up the fueling at lower rpms vastly helping do slow speed and low rpm manouvers.

Not sure if you know this but the FatDuc has three settings on it and generally comes on the leanest setting. If it's still not quite right, you can adjust it a bit richer. I have mine on 2nd setting on my 848 and can now putt along at 40km/hr through school zones without as much as a shudder from it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi [email protected]
Yep the older fatduc did have 3 settings not now, the manufacturer says guys where setting them up wrong and complaining, so now they come bike specific, l would have preferred to play around for best setup but still the MTS 1200 is 80% better than it was down low, and as you say no need to change gearing l have found the stock gearing to be be as good as it gets, lam now thinking a dyno tune might sort the rest of the fueling out, if anyone has tried this would be good to know what the results were ?

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Dynotuning can improve the last bit of the lower RPM stuff. I imagine the local Duc dealer might actually have a good map already in their files.

I didn't realize the new FatDuc's weren't adjustable. There as a fellow on here selling two of the adjustable ones not too long ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
6th gear 3 to 4K RPM, reeally? Not trying to upset anyone but why?
Well the main reason is because the engine has more than enough torque to do that, cant see any good enough benefit to stay in 4th gear at a higher rev when l don't need to be, we all have to comply with seed laws sometimes, but don't be concerned that the bike is not used as Ducati intended, the very first thing l did to the bike was spend $1200 on suspension the olins springs from factory are way to soft gold vales and oil, now the bike dose amazingly well even against the full on sports bikes, in fact thy so are pissed when l go long way round them on a tight corner, only problem is the pegs on the road its not the first time l have said this, but its a touring bike is-ant it ?,,, l can get my st4s far lower than the Multi, but its not as powerful, so dont worry it get used as it should.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.