Ducati.org forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's contest time again folks! This month there'll be no specific theme and anyone with a Ducati can enter! Simply post the best pic of your bike!

We welcome everyone including vendors to participate, however we will not pick the same winner within a 3 month period.

The contest will close on (Monday, February 23) and finalists will be chosen by staff and you guys will vote for the winner. Rules for entry are below:

* The photo must be attached to a post in this thread
* Only one picture will be allowed, so make it your best! (do not submit multiple photos or you will be disqualified)
* You must be the owner of the Ducati.

The winner will receive a $25 Amazon gift card from Ducati.org and be featured on the front page!

Looking forward to your entries!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The day I saw the new arctic color scheme with wheels "as red as the devil's dick"-dealer. "I'll take her" and gave the dealer a deposit on the spot even though it was not riding season yet. Not the greatest photo but a great memory I'll never forget!

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Okay here's my 2011 Ducati 1198. I took this pic in a parking garage in Boise, Idaho about 2 weeks after I got it. It was completely stock at the time--basically a clean canvas!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,735 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
You running slicks on the street?? :wtf:

Is your comment regarding legality or safety?

I have a supercorsa sc up front, the rear is pretty much the same as a sc compound rear that I usually run on the streets anyways.

Sherif up there saw my bike one weekend track prepped no headlights and a dinky taillight leaning on a rock because I didn't have a kickstand. Chuckled and pulled over some GTR that barely crossed the double yellows. Never have had a problem with it.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Is your comment regarding legality or safety?

I have a supercorsa sc up front, the rear is pretty much the same as a sc compound rear that I usually run on the streets anyways.

Sherif up there saw my bike one weekend track prepped no headlights and a dinky taillight leaning on a rock because I didn't have a kickstand. Chuckled and pulled over some GTR that barely crossed the double yellows. Never have had a problem with it.
Mostly legality. I'd question the safety aspect of it, but I'm sure you know what you're doing. If it was some squid doing it, I'd be more concerned about that, but an experienced guy carving the canyons in a full leather suit, who does track days and can't be bothered to switch it back to street form...not so much ;). Plus if you say the front is not a slick, that's good because that's the more important one for that. You can always prevent a rear from sliding by just not being quite as aggressive with the gas. I was just surprised that you could get away with that and not get pulled over.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Mostly legality. I'd question the safety aspect of it, but I'm sure you know what you're doing. If it was some squid doing it, I'd be more concerned about that, but an experienced guy carving the canyons in a full leather suit, who does track days and can't be bothered to switch it back to street form...not so much ;). Plus if you say the front is not a slick, that's good because that's the more important one for that. You can always prevent a rear from sliding by just not being quite as aggressive with the gas. I was just surprised that you could get away with that and not get pulled over.

Think about it .. If you're moving you can't really tell if it's a slick! They only notice when you're stopped, and by then they are too busy admiring the bike!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.