Ducati.org forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
503 Posts
You running slicks on the street?? :wtf:

Is your comment regarding legality or safety?

I have a supercorsa sc up front, the rear is pretty much the same as a sc compound rear that I usually run on the streets anyways.

Sherif up there saw my bike one weekend track prepped no headlights and a dinky taillight leaning on a rock because I didn't have a kickstand. Chuckled and pulled over some GTR that barely crossed the double yellows. Never have had a problem with it.

· Registered
503 Posts
Mostly legality. I'd question the safety aspect of it, but I'm sure you know what you're doing. If it was some squid doing it, I'd be more concerned about that, but an experienced guy carving the canyons in a full leather suit, who does track days and can't be bothered to switch it back to street form...not so much ;). Plus if you say the front is not a slick, that's good because that's the more important one for that. You can always prevent a rear from sliding by just not being quite as aggressive with the gas. I was just surprised that you could get away with that and not get pulled over.

Think about it .. If you're moving you can't really tell if it's a slick! They only notice when you're stopped, and by then they are too busy admiring the bike!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.