Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the deal, i went down on my 2012 Ducati 1199s Tricolore on June 20th 2014, lowsided at roughly 30MPH, My insurance declared it a total lose.

The damage is NOT significant, i had it appraised at my local certified Ducati dealer. I'm actually shocked they totaled it, considering its only cosmetic. The bike is currently at my local Ducati dealer waiting on the claim to be settled. I have the option to buy the bike back so i'd like to see if theres any interest. I'm asking $11,000.

Its a 2012 Ducati 1199s Tricolore with 2,100 miles.
Termi slip-on

the damage according to the estimate from my dealer includes:

Clutch lever
Complete Headlight Fairing (Cracked)
Right Mid fairing (Rashed)
Right Lower Fairing (Rashed)
Rear Wheel Rim (Small Dent from the sidewalk)
Clutch Cover (Scratches)
Exhaust Pipe Horizontal.

She runs, drives, etc...

More Pics coming soon....

·
Registered
20,814 Posts
Here is the deal, i went down on my 2012 Ducati 1199s Tricolore on June 20th 2014, lowsided at roughly 30MPH, My insurance declared it a total lose.

The damage is NOT significant, i had it appraised at my local certified Ducati dealer. I'm actually shocked they totaled it, considering its only cosmetic. The bike is currently at my local Ducati dealer waiting on the claim to be settled. I have the option to buy the bike back so i'd like to see if theres any interest. I'm asking $11,000.

Its a 2012 Ducati 1199s Tricolore with 2,100 miles.
Termi slip-on

the damage according to the estimate from my dealer includes:

Clutch lever
Complete Headlight Fairing (Cracked)
Right Mid fairing (Rashed)
Right Lower Fairing (Rashed)
Rear Wheel Rim (Small Dent from the sidewalk)
Clutch Cover (Scratches)
Exhaust Pipe Horizontal.

She runs, drives, etc...

Post accident Pics coming soon
pics would really help! just saw your posting pics. my mistake. PM sent.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Looks like its gonna need a right side Termi exhaust can too..

Hard to get a good sense of the accident with those pics.

Is the $11K asking price "as is" ?

Reactions: daledo

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
That bodywork can be salvaged easily and repaired so that a whole new pain job can go on it! (If in the right hands that is!) :)

Would LOVE to have a salvaged Tri and the ability to use that power plant and what else I could to build a killer track bike-pending you can get a new subframe or even be capable of fitting the engine into a bike THAT HAS a frame somehow! :)

GLWS!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Granted it's "minor" damage, I think $11K's pretty steep assuming somebody would want to put it back to stock form. OEM fairings are fucking expensive and hard to come by, I imagine tricolor deals on eBay even harder to come by. What's the difference between a S and a tricolor, just paint?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Granted it's "minor" damage, I think $11K's pretty steep assuming somebody would want to put it back to stock form. OEM fairings are fucking expensive and hard to come by, I imagine tricolor deals on eBay even harder to come by. What's the difference between a S and a tricolor, just paint?
I can't get $10,000 offers on a 90% perfect bike. The resale on 1199's has tanked recently.

If I were in a better financial position is be offering 8-9K for a savage Tri with damage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.