Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to clean up the tail. Ideally I'd like to relocate the plate but options are limited...

Has anyone executed a clean fender elimination?

Does anyone know of any FE kits out there for the ten98?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I performed a mod that another user had done.

I removed the rear license plate holder, and to it I did the following:

1) Used a dremel with cutting wheel to lop off the reflectors.
2) Drilled holes about 3/4" lower than the two upper bolt holes.

Then on the fender itself, I cut off the two "tails" below the lowest cross-piece (the oned that has the lowest nut).

Reinstalled the plate holder using the new holes and the two upper bolts. That moved it up, almost against the light.

Perhaps at some point I'll actually build my own mini-fender or buy one, but for now the mod at least took some of the clunky factor out of it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yossarian -
Can you post a some pics of what it looks like now? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would love to see pic's. I sent an email to Competion Works, and they said they would be coming out with something soon, but would love to do this quick mod....

·
Registered
49 Posts
i would love to see pics too. i am not so handy so i have been looking at the emoto tidy tail. i believe they have another shipment due in any day. very good guys to deal with and a good selection of 1098 parts.

www.emotouk.com

G

·
this is how mine came from the shop, I'd like to loose the indicators when clearlightalternitives come out with the combo tail LED. And get the licence plate up and angled out a bit so it's less conspicuous.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'll attempt to get some pics up this eve. I'll use an old MC plate I have to show how it turned out; the bike still has intransit on it.

Edit: As it will take me time to get that done, I got the permission of another 1098 owner who has done this mod and taken photos, to use a couple of his photos to show here. With full credit to "Phil 1098" from the 1098-forum.com site, here are the pics.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts