Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally picked up a Ducati 996s with 800miles on it, Bike seems completely stock. Cant wait to start riding it.

I would like to do a race baffle kit upgrade and open clutch cover as well as some maintenance work.

Please send some advice as to what it should be done as well as some good mods for it.

thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
very nice! congrats on your purchase.

For a bike that old with that little mileage, I'd do a complete tune up. New belts, check valves, new plugs, new tires (unless already replaced), flush clutch and brake fluids, flush coolant.

For mods, consider the single injector eprom chip mod to help the fueling, a slip on exhaust to free it up, new rear sets if you want fixed pegs, open clutch cover if you want more noise, slipper clutch if you don't want rear wheel lockups, Corbin or Sargent seat if you want a cushier ride, 4 pad calipers if you want better brakes, aftermarket slave cylinder if you think the clutch pull is too stiff

the list goes on...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
The 996S really benefits from a gearing change — because of its use of a standard ratio transmission it's probably the highest geared stock Ducati ever.

Change from stock 15/36 94-link to 15/43 98-link, or the equivalent 14/40 96-link chain. Stay with a 525 chain.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Freakin gorgeous bike. I should be picking mine up Friday. Not as nice but I'm just as excited. I'll be picking brains here on the ms as well. Again congrats!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, loving the bike although I have been trying to stay away from it due to service much needed it. Dont want to start my ducati experience in a bad note lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts