Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well on this past Friday, Good Friday, I flew down to Dallas, Texas and picked up my new baby. What a sight to see her all crated up and just waiting for me. I must say that my dealings with AMS was the best ever. Why else would I travel all the way from Michigan to go buy a bike in Texas. It was a fun 20 hour trip back in a Penske truck home. Now to bad its cold, snowy weather here in Michigan. I guess I'll just have to take some time to play around with her. Still have some things to do to it, ie. install tall dark screen, rear hugger, and a few clutch parts. Also trying to find some way to hide the rear turnsignals inside the tail section. Gotta have that clean look. Had the full Termi system installed. Only got to start it up once when I got home Sunday. Can't wait to ride her. Enjoy, I know I do every time i get to see her.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dallas! I am a Dallas local mate! Congrats on your new bike! Those kind of pictures just make me itch to go get mine...but I promised myself to stay a Ducati virgin till 2008...1st year models always have kinks that need to be ironed out. And I am also looking at what the R version will be like. But man am I jealous for you. And my heartiest congratulations on your purchase. Have fun! Be safe!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congrats!

Did AMS prep the bike first, then crate it up again for your ride home?

·
Registered
370 Posts
congraz!!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
SB1098s said:
The box should have windscreen, mirrors, rear seat and rear pegs.
F
That's an awfully big box just for that? C'mon what else is in there! :ahhh:

·
Registered
49 Posts
AMS has another one available regular with full pipes if anyone is interested. I felt bad breaking my deal with other dealer. My dealer promised should be ready next week with updated ECU

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I bought the full Termi system, so in the big box is all the stock exhaust. In some of the other boxes I have the tall smoked windscreen and rear hugger. Then the other box is like stated the basics, ie all my manuals and pegs and seat and data analyzer. Yes, AMS did uncrate it and set it all up as well as install the exhaust for me before recrating it for the trip home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts