Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, the waiting is over... i have gone with a red s with a full termignoni system and an STM slipper. my dealer has given me an excellent deal and the bike should be in as early as next week. hmmm... now i guess i need to get a trailer

·
Registered
152 Posts
Agree !!!!!
We're waiting ......PICS !!!!! :crazyeyes

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yossarian said:
What's the trailer for?
that is excellent... and probably deserved. but the bike is in buffalo, ny at the dealer i have used for 10 years and i live in charlotte. that ride is a possibility in the summer, but not in feb/march.
of course maybe i am turning into one of those posers i used to make fun of.

·
Registered
134 Posts
thekid said:
that is excellent... and probably deserved. but the bike is in buffalo, ny at the dealer i have used for 10 years and i live in charlotte. that ride is a possibility in the summer, but not in feb/march.
of course maybe i am turning into one of those posers i used to make fun of.
Fair enough. I would probably do the same. Congrats on the bike! Mine has been at the dealer for two weeks! It's been killing me, but I get to pick it up this Saturday. woohoo! :yo:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Trailer it and don't worry about it. The cold weather will not only be killer to ride in, but can also be dangerous. Cold rubber on cold grounds, don't really "stick well" no matter how long you're riding for. You can get within 100 yards of the dealership to stop for a traffic light and slide into base if you know what I mean. I've seen it happen way to many times. Generally the damage is just cosmetic, but why take the risk....

Congrats on your purchase! You're gonna love the slipper clutch! I installed one on my 996, soon after I had little twisty scare in which the rear and the front disagreed on which direction to go. I didn't loose it, but it was close one. Never had the problem again with the slipper.

It'll take a little getting use to, and I'll advise you NOT to try it out for the first time anywhere that's "tight". Give yourself some recovery room, just in case you over shoot the turn. This way you can get a feel of what it'll do and prevent, as well as it's limitations. Have fun and enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts