Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While I posted more about us and our ducs in gest, who would of thought shit Pizza like Domino's would make go of it!

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They did?? I don't remember ever seeing a Domino's when I lived there. The ONLY fast food I saw was McDonald's, and it sucked ass.

It launched last year so it's new but they have been making a go of it from what I've read.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We're I live we have a big coffe scene and big Italian community .
They opened a Starbucks here and it went broke and had to move out .

Australia? I thought I read somewhere that Home depot or was it Lowes had to fold tent there?

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
I bet they tank. Starbucks isn't even on the same plane of existence as an Italian café.
Mcdonalds does well in Italy and France, why shouldn't Starbucks. Frankly I think Starbucks coffee tastes liked burnt crap but people seem to like paying 10 bills for a pitcher of burnt crap. My friends own a small cafe in my town. They charge 5.00 bucks for a latte, they use fair trade beans, warm the cup before steaming then layer the drink. They do this with every order. The quality of their product and their service is about 100 times better then anything I get from Starbucks. It's a shame these little shops are going to get swallowed up by corporate garbage.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mcdonalds does well in Italy and France, why shouldn't Starbucks. Frankly I think Starbucks coffee tastes liked burnt crap but people seem to like paying 10 bills for a pitcher of burnt crap. My friends own a small cafe in my town. They charge 5.00 bucks for a latte, they use fair trade beans, warm the cup before steaming then layer the drink. They do this with every order. The quality of their product and their service is about 100 times better then anything I get from Starbucks. It's a shame these little shops are going to get swallowed up by corporate garbage.

Not going to argue with you but maybe here in Seattle (area) it's done different, the prices are the same no matter what shack we stop buy and with the exception of getting to see a chick in panties and a bra the coffee is always shit compared to Starbucks. But the views are better :)

Cowgirls Espresso Seattle | Cowgirls Espresso | Bikini Coffee Stands | Drive Thru

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Mcdonalds does well in Italy and France, why shouldn't Starbucks.
Because the coffee market is pretty much saturated in Italy. You can't swing a dead cat in any town without hitting a few coffee bars. Hamburgers, and fast food, on the other hand, is pretty much non-existent. That's also why I was surprised to hear that Domino's was trying to make it in Italy. Right next to the coffee bars are pizzarias. And in my humble opinion, both the coffee bars and pizzarias are 100 times better than anything Starbucks or Dominos can offer.

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
Because the coffee market is pretty much saturated in Italy. You can't swing a dead cat in any town without hitting a few coffee bars. Hamburgers, and fast food, on the other hand, is pretty much non-existent. That's also why I was surprised to hear that Domino's was trying to make it in Italy. Right next to the coffee bars are pizzarias. And in my humble opinion, both the coffee bars and pizzarias are 100 times better than anything Starbucks or Dominos can offer.
At the risk of sounding like a pretentious coffee snob. I don't think Starbucks is coffee, in the same way Mcdonalds isn't hamburgers. A big mac is hamburger-ish and it tastes familiar, but I doubt it qualifies as a burger or even food. Starbucks in the same way seems coffee-ish but I don't know how, a Venti, Chi, soy, half caf, mocha frappe with low fat whip and caramel swirl with a cinnamon swirl qualifies as coffee? Mind you I enjoy a McGangBang once in a while but I don't think I want to eat a hamburger, I just think I would like to eat some serious garbage and give my organs a work out!

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
Haha I love this last paragraph!

“He loves Italy more than many Italians,” said Gianmario Tondato Da Ruos, chief executive of Autogrill, the global food and beverage operator for travelers, which is a partner of Starbucks in the United States. “Really.”

He loves it so much he's going to turn it into the USA!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
As far as I can recall, the best pizza and the best pasta I've ever had was when I was in Italy many years ago for a few days. And that's coming from a guy that will eat just about any pizza or pasta, from anywhere....but there's just something different about the authentic stuff. It's a level above everything else.

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
As far as I can recall, the best pizza and the best pasta I've ever had was when I was in Italy many years ago for a few days. And that's coming from a guy that will eat just about any pizza or pasta, from anywhere....but there's just something different about the authentic stuff. It's a level above everything else.
That is sooooo weird! Coincidentally the best sushi I ever had was in Japan! Who would have ever thought that the Japs would be great at making this stuff!:stickpoke

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
That is sooooo weird! Coincidentally the best sushi I ever had was in Japan! Who would have ever thought that the Japs would be great at making this stuff!:stickpoke
I sense sarcasm!

Trying to ask my own questions!!
So you pick the first thread you see to ask a dumb question?? Push the "New thread" button...duh!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.