Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My very first Ducati was a 1999 Ducati M750 and after a lapse in reasoning I sold it many years ago...

I still have the VIN number and would like to find the bike and try and purchase it back from it's current owner. I sold the bike in NY to a dealer after a minor low side accident.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to find my Ducati?

:blind:

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
My very first Ducati was a 1999 Ducati M750 and after a lapse in reasoning I sold it many years ago...

I still have the VIN number and would like to find the bike and try and purchase it back from it's current owner. I sold the bike in NY to a dealer after a minor low side accident.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to find my Ducati?

:blind:
I wonder if there are some ducati registries you could check out? This is a really interesting story. I would really to see how this turns out! Good luck!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wondered the same thing. I even went back to the dealer I sold it to and they didn't have any records with the vin from that far back. I know the bike isn't valued for many $$$ but it has so much sentimental value.

Thanks again for the advice/help!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goto the NJ registry of motor vehicles with the VIN. Sweet talk the woman at the window, maybe she will give you the info of the current owner.
I would really like to spend more time at Motor Vehicles due to the pleasant nature of everyone in there! haha. Due to Privacy of Information Acts I highly doubt even at the TOP of my sweet talking days I could close the deal in 3 minutes!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do a Google search on your VIN and see what comes up. Can't be that easy. Could it?
I certainly wouldn't post on a Ducati Forum and NOT look at Google, Bing, & Yahoo.. It only shows me that I can order a carfax report and where it is currently registered.

I am a little happy that the current owner didn't just pop up actually. It will be a little worrisome if someone could google a VIN or license plate number and my name/address instantly appears online.

But you never know sometimes people post on here without even looking at posts above what they wrote! So common sense gets thrown out of the window often too much... Thanks for the suggestion RobG the search continues!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not only do i have no idea what my VIN # are, i wouldnt be inclined to look at them unless you provided lots of beer....and maybe tickets to an NFL game too. Even then, you aint buying my bikes....:smoking:
haha! Are we talking Pony keg? Or just one of those Heineken refrigerator kegs?
Dude at this point NFL game tickets would be the easiest to provide! If it was only that easy...

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
you should post lost signs on phone poles, and offer a reward for info like when you lose your cat or dog, or a retarded friend! By the way anyone seen STY around lately? But seriously why not post signs at shops and maybe start a facebook campaign. offer a reward!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.