Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would let you know that i have completed over 1000ks with no problems. Bike has exceeded all expectations, i had a 999 and also have a S4RS but the 1098 is a magic bike.
The 1098 seems to run a bit cooler in engine temp and under seat temp is also better. The worst thing is a hot left foot/leg on very hot days or in traffic.
Goes in for its first service on Tuesday and fingers crossed a full 70mm system although as you are probably aware accessories are in a bit of short supply.
if fitted i will post some photos and video.
The wait will be worth it for you guys and girls still waiting for your bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't get why your left foot is getting hot. Would have thought the right foot would be hot from the exhaust pipe and the metal heat shield.

·
Registered
62 Posts
VB777 look at his bike pic of the 1098 its a perfect example. The exhaust pipe comes up from the bottom left. So you sold that 999.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just thought i would let you know that i have completed over 1000ks with no problems. Bike has exceeded all expectations, i had a 999 and also have a S4RS but the 1098 is a magic bike.
The 1098 seems to run a bit cooler in engine temp and under seat temp is also better. The worst thing is a hot left foot/leg on very hot days or in traffic.
Goes in for its first service on Tuesday and fingers crossed a full 70mm system although as you are probably aware accessories are in a bit of short supply.
if fitted i will post some photos and video.
The wait will be worth it for you guys and girls still waiting for your bike.
How bad of a 'hot leg' problem are we talking about?
And are you wearing riding boots?
With the stock - since you later posted that its the right leg - heat shield?
Thanks, and congrats! Still have over a month to wait.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The rights side would get a bit of heat as the pipes look very close to the foot and exposed.

I figured the metal plate would conduct a lot of the heat rather than shield. I am looking to get the carbon plate under the assumption that this is less conductive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You need to post some more pictures of the bike, I am getting kinda bored of the same pictures over and over, it would be nice to see some with a person on it or something resembling what it will look like in person

·
Registered
134 Posts
How'd you find the increased rev range? I thought it really starts to get up and go from 6,500. Can't wait fo redline. Personally, I didn't think the heat was too bad until you're stuck at lights on a hot day and then it's more from the engine than pipes (still I was wearing leathers).

I envy you getting the full system, post some pics and some feedback.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts