Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there Ducati world . Well bought my 848 off one of your fellow members here. Donger.

Quick question ..... Looking for a license plate bracket to put on any ideas?? Or where to order :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Congrats on a nice bike and if its from Donger Im sure its in heat shape and maintained very well my man!

Many brands and styles to choose from on rear tail tidies too so choose what look you like best ya know? Id search here for threads on it and se the pics members posted up to help you out. After all its YOUR choice in the end!

Again, congrats on the 848 and welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Gunny must not have seen dongers farewell pic. But the pink decals quickly reminded me that we have a new female member.
Comp werks are most commonly used there's two different kits standard and the limited which puts the plate further under the bike and the blinkers in the vents of the tail. The ltd is a harder install due to the relocating if the blinkers but it really cleans up the tail. You can but them from a ton of distributors but remember that site sponsors usually give a discount to members.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You're quite lucky with this buy, I believe Donger has done most of the must have mods. I never bothered with a fender eliminator on mine but I looked at integrated brake/turn signals and a werkes kit. I wanted the integrated taillights over the kit provided vent installed turn signals for visibility purposes. I ride in all sorts of conditions so I usually went with function over form.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gunny must not have seen dongers farewell pic. But the pink decals quickly reminded me that we have a new female member.
Comp werks are most commonly used there's two different kits standard and the limited which puts the plate further under the bike and the blinkers in the vents of the tail. The ltd is a harder install due to the relocating if the blinkers but it really cleans up the tail. You can but them from a ton of distributors but remember that site sponsors usually give a discount to members.
thats deff one I like... how it is tucked..
lol I'm aware of the farewell pic, nice shot too.
Thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more question my bike is lowered as I'm not to tall of a person as you can see from the former picture that was posted from donger lol. So being that I like the ltd fender eliminator will it interfere with anything the fact my bike is lowered????

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ah, that's a good question. How much have you lowered it? Also, I feel like Donger probably had it sprung for a bit more than what you probably weigh. I really don't see the rear wheel travelling enough for any issues to come of it, but I'd suggest you see what others have to offer as well.

ETA: Looking at where it installs again and I just really don't see there being the possibility for an issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One more question my bike is lowered as I'm not to tall of a person as you can see from the former picture that was posted from donger lol. So being that I like the ltd fender eliminator will it interfere with anything the fact my bike is lowered????
It certainly could...depends on how much it's lowered (1 - 1 1/2 inch)? You may want to buy a spring loaded plate bracket to maintain enough travel. Sorry I don't know off hand the manufacturer but I believe there are a couple.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It certainly could...depends on how much it's lowered (1 - 1 1/2 inch)? You may want to buy a spring loaded plate bracket to maintain enough travel. Sorry I don't know off hand the manufacturer but I believe there are a couple.
its lowered 2.25

·
Court Jester
11,819 Posts
Compwerks sales both type the kind tucked way back and the kind further out.

The plus side to the one further out is it most likely will be legal as opposed to the tucked one (depends on the state).

You won't have clearance issues

It acts sort of like a fender

Reactions: Gunny Fitz

·
Registered
9 Posts
Make sure you check the laws of your state because some may not allow for the license plate to be tucked in all the way there.
Heyy tchase where did you get those Mirrors from? what are they called?

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Court Jester
11,819 Posts
Make sure you check the laws of your state because some may not allow for the license plate to be tucked in all the way there.
Heyy tchase where did you get those Mirrors from? what are they called?

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum
Amazon.com: CRG Bar End Mirror Arrow Black: Automotive

I bought the barends from Rhino

http://www.e-securedsite.com/RHINOMOTO/store/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors&productID=314&showDetail=1&categoryID=91|Ducati Barend Sliders&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
That's why I love good old texas...as long as you don't do squiddish shit to look for attention, you can pretty much do whatever to your bike

1 - 20 of 55 Posts