Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cranked up the S4R-S for a short 9 mile loop and the old joke still applies - almost as much time getting suited up as riding. It took a few tries for the motor to catch but after warming up, ran as nicely as always. About 31 degrees F. Two days after my 66th birthday so you all still have time. (presents)

It's supposed to rain tomorrow but the report says it might hold off for a while in which case I'll go out again.

Pjk in NJ

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm right behind you, 62.

Fing sucks to get old, but riding these things keeps us young. Consider the alternative......too old to do what we want?? What?? Are you freakin kidding? I'll ride until my damn leg won't raise over the bike or until I'm too old to function well enough, whatever comes first. LOL !

Peace Love Light and Ducati to you, my inspirational sport rider brother!

Reactions: lnistico

·
Registered
120 Posts
ok so we may have dodged the big blizzard where i live , but as i went into the garage i looked so long at my rides and wished VERY HARD for an early spring.

·
Registered
944 Posts
33" or so here in central Mass

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm right behind you, 62.

Fing sucks to get old, but riding these things keeps us young. Consider the alternative......too old to do what we want?? What?? Are you freakin kidding? I'll ride until my damn leg won't raise over the bike or until I'm too old to function well enough, whatever comes first. LOL !

Peace Love Light and Ducati to you, my inspirational sport rider brother!

Frank
I'm 63 and ride a 1200 Monster, you are 100% correct brother!

·
Registered
120 Posts
ok super bowl sunday and it's gonna snow again. i like winter but i'm about to turn 63 and i WANT TO RIDE. oh well, stay warm and enjoy the game .

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The roads were clear so I carefully rolled the 821 down the driveway over some slushy snow and took a short ride. I couldn't believe my luck, but no tellin' when the next one will be.

Pjk

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I don't believe in age. It's just a number. That being said......I'm only 48. I do track days with a guy on an 848 who's 64 and kicks most comers asses and he only got started 4yrs ago. That's the guy I wanna be when I'm 64.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm 62 and feel like 32 each and every time I'm all warmed up and on a nice long Duc ride. There's nothing on earth like riding to keep you sharp and young at heart. Why....why....WHY, I ask you, are so many (young) people insisting on instant gratification and will not even attempt to ride a sport bike? They instantly relate to comfort as their primary objective in an endeavor to seek the thrill of riding powerful machine.

Wouldn't an old British two seater be more fun if you wanted that degree of comfort? Why take all the inherent risk of riding two wheels and then blow away performance in lieu of fancy chrome doo dads and streamers? I just don't get it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
you hit it on the head frank. most young people are instant gratification junkies, guess it's in part due to the fast changes they've become attuned to. more mature guys like us, we came along in a totally different world. better or worse, i don't know. i'm glad i'm not so young anymore.

·
Registered
150 Posts
First Sunday at Ephrata VFW comes up in two weeks now. March-November they have a huge motorcycle turn out riding in for breakfast at the VFW with lots to see.

This is in the heart of Amish country, nice area to ride in but not great due to buggy traffic.

Anyone know of this? Anyone brave enough to trek out there in two weeks?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.