Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The unfortunate thing about living in the NOVA/NCR is all the RUBs who come out of hibernation around this time of year. I’ve had the bike roughly 3 and a half weeks, just hit 580 miles and the dealer informed me that it’ll be 2 weeks before they can get to it due to back log.

Guess I’ll be taking the Street Glide to North Carolina. I’d like to take the Rocker, but I don’t want to roll an open primary that far.

Ducati service centers should have a priority line for people who actually ride them vs RUBs who use them as a bar hopper.

Heck, my bar hopper, 2011 Rocker C has 30,000 miles on it and a quarter of rhat was just weekend rides through the Ortega Hwy.

I don’t get it. How do so many people on here have a bike over a year old with less than 600 miles on it? Posers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The unfortunate thing about living in the NOVA/NCR is all the RUBs who come out of hibernation around this time of year. I’ve had the bike roughly 3 and a half weeks, just hit 580 miles and the dealer informed me that it’ll be 2 weeks before they can get to it due to back log.

Guess I’ll be taking the Street Glide to North Carolina. I’d like to take the Rocker, but I don’t want to roll an open primary that far.

Ducati service centers should have a priority line for people who actually ride them vs RUBs who use them as a bar hopper.

Heck, my bar hopper, 2011 Rocker C has 30,000 miles on it and a quarter of rhat was just weekend rides through the Ortega Hwy.

I don’t get it. How do so many people on here have a bike over a year old with less than 600 miles on it? Posers.

I think you’re assuming that the stealership is busy with all 600 bike services. But truth of the matter is people in winter states usually wait till the spring season to do maintenance. And it kinda makes sense, for instance I need my belts changed but it made no sense to shell out $$$ in September. I ended up putting the bike away a month earlier and will be taking care of it soon. Granted I’m not at the mileage limit for my belts but at the time limit (2 years).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Court Jester
11,688 Posts
I think you’re assuming that the stealership is busy with all 600 bike services. But truth of the matter is people in winter states usually wait till the spring season to do maintenance. And it kinda makes sense, for instance I need my belts changed but it made no sense to shell out $$$ in September. I ended up putting the bike away a month earlier and will be taking care of it soon. Granted I’m not at the mileage limit for my belts but at the time limit (2 years).

The up side is during the winter they are not busy and typically run specials..

·
Registered
69 Posts
The up side is during the winter they are not busy and typically run specials..

Excellent point, I forgot about those. When I had my Monster I used to take advantage of them at a nearby dealership. They closed down after I got my 848, and the nearest dealership is too far to ride out to in the cold.

·
Court Jester
11,688 Posts
Excellent point, I forgot about those. When I had my Monster I used to take advantage of them at a nearby dealership. They closed down after I got my 848, and the nearest dealership is too far to ride out to in the cold.

That’s what the truck is for :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts