Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, was quoted $235 for the first service which, as far as the advisor(s) told me is a LOF, check of the chain, and check to see if there's any updates for the bike. Total time, about 1 1/2 hours to complete. Fine. Okay. I called three places and the earliest anyone of them can take me is in the first week of June. I was like, huh? I guess they are all that busy. A couple of the advisors told me that I can still ride the bike, just keep within the 6K rpm limit up to 800-ish miles or so, and that it's no big deal.

Any thoughts on that? I don't want to do unnecessary wear, nor do I want to keep it parked until my appointment.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The first week of June is only 4 days away?! That doesn't strike me as a "huh" situation :) I'd try to somehow endure the long 4 day wait and take it in for service sometime next week!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got it serviced today. $245 and done. Said everything looked good. They did two updates to the ecu. No joke but it was a night and day difference. The fuel map change makes it so much smoother. Actually, even a bit under 3K rpms, it no longer lugs. I am shocked at the difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got mine done today for $320 CAD, I was a bit skeptical at first because that's heck lot of money for an oil change, but after They gave me the break down what was done, updating ECU, re-torgueing all the nuts, chain adjustment, etc. And like disco said I do feel quite a difference, not as luggish at low RPM and the bike does feel more smooth and tighter, Maybe it's just a placebo effect..? lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Def not placebo effect. There is a big difference. So much smoother. What oil/weight did they use?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Interesting. They used Motorex 10w40 on mine, not the Shell Adv. Ultra.
Type of oil can change depending on your geographic location. Also, dealers are not going to use Shell oil because you can't get it in the US.

300v makes a huge difference! I don't think I've had any false neutrals since the oil change.

·
Registered
509 Posts
My bike runs great from 2400-2500rpm in 1st-5th gear, 6th needs to be able 3200 or so before you wack it open.

My 749 and 1198 also ran very very smooth at low rpm, I ran 0w40 oil in them since they had dry clutches. I will be putting mobil 1 10w40 4t in this 821, wish I could get a 0 or 5w oil that didnt have friction modifiers in it tho

·
Registered
509 Posts
My bike runs great from 2400-2500rpm in 1st-5th gear, 6th needs to be able 3200 or so before you wack it open.

My 749 and 1198 also ran very very smooth at low rpm, I ran 0w40 oil in them since they had dry clutches. I will be putting mobil 1 10w40 4t in this 821, wish I could get a 0 or 5w oil that didnt have friction modifiers in it tho

·
Registered
9 Posts
I paid 160 at Sport Touring in SC for the first service just this Saturday, I rode three hours up there as the Atlanta dealer was charging 360 w/o taxes =O It was definitely worth it for the scenery alone

·
Registered
151 Posts
I paid $180 at the Dealer in DT Raleigh. Good group of guys too!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Any chance we can see a snapshot of the service record? Is the difference is the labor\hour charge or do you even get a break down of what was done?

·
Registered
182 Posts
$190 today, in Ohio. one receipt says 3qt Amsoil 10 w20 the other 20 w50!! Not a clue which was used since I didn't see it until I got home.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.