Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay folks I am hoping someone with more experience can help me out here. I have 2,800 miles on my tires and I had the bad luck of running over a steel cotter pin. I punched a hole between the treads...see the attached photo. I am planning on plugging the hole with a mushroom shaped tire plug from Stop and Go Tire Repair Kit. If it holds air here is my question. Keep riding the bike or break down and get a new tire 2 thousand miles early??? I would appreciate any advice. Luckily I got the bike home no problem as the flat happened a half a mile from home.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Fix it and ride it but be a little cautious of how fast your go. Mushroom plugs work well but are supposed to be a stop gap measure till you can get it to a shop and have them do a proper plug/patch but even those have their limitations. Motorcycle tires have a lot more stress put on them than car/truck tires and deform more at speed both horizontally and vertically. As you're most likely not racing your Monster and most likely not going to see speeds above 130mph for prolonged periods, you should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.