Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 87952 I have monster 821 Dark and the rear tire is flat. I pulled a small finishing nail out, as I suspect that when I rode my bike down the alley behind my house I ran it over seeing as a house is being reno'd behind mine. How do I remove the rear tire in order to bring it in? The Diablo Ross ii can be mushroom plugged I'm told?

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Honestly I would transport the bike via truck and let the dealership repair it.. Unless you are mechanically inclined you might be biting off more than you can chew..

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Easy. Just loosen the axle nut and pull it off. All you need is a rear stand and the right sized socket. It'll be tight so an impact wrench or breaker bar will help.

If you don't have a rear stand (judging by the absence of swingarm sliders I think not) then use a ladder or rafters with tie down straps to lift the rear off the ground. Loosen the nut first though!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Getting it off will be the easy part, putting it back on correctly(straight, chain tension) can be a challenge. This is why I love the SSA, it straight forward.

That's what the markings on the adjusters are for. Put both sides on the same mark and you're golden. Admittedly it is a pain in the ass though - can't beat the SSSA

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm assuming you're talking about taking the wheel off and taking it elsewhere to get the tire replaced, not taking the tire off the wheel yourself?

You can do few things:

Depending on the puncture, use mushroom plug and ride the bike to the shop and let them deal with the rest.

Take the wheel off and take it to the shop and let them replace the tire.

Tow the whole bike. Check to see if Ducati covers flat tire tows at home. Maybe they don't since it is not roadside emergency.

Brave the tire change yourself. Prepare to curse ... a lot.

Putting the wheel back on and doing adjustments is really not hard at all. There are marks on either side and your manual will tell you what the tension should be. Of course this depends on whether you have tools and want to do the work yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts