Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My good friend has decided to sell one of his desmos. It have never been rode and been in climate controlled storage its whole life on a battery tender and under a quality cover its whole life. Bike is located in Pittsburgh PA and I can help arrange shipping anywhere. Clean and clear title in hand for a painless transaction.

Serious and qualified inquires please call 412.400.6900 Eric

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
That's not a bad price if I'm honest ( I'm going on exchange rate with the UK £ which is in our favour as the dollar is in the toilet ) sadly any savings are lost in shipping.

Looks like it's not had the tail recall done so I suspect that none of the recalls have been attended to.

Still, at that price should have no shortage of offers, good luck with it. Please do tell the buyer that I can find him a full GP7 exhaust kit for it ;)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I have an 1198 track bike...been crashed twice, kinda looks like shit, but it's still going strong and fast as hell. I'd consider an even trade or possibly trade that + a bit of cash :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
OHW.... I need more money :( love this machine! out of a tour with 70 ducati's you still will catch the soundtrack of this one on front (I was in the back)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:heart:

·
Registered
791 Posts
zero miles on a Desmo RR??!! That man should be taken out into an empty feild and shot.... figuratively speaking of course lol

Very fair asking price.

GLWS

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I think the "issues" - such as they were - probably affect all of them equally.

They only made 1500 in total remember.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Pat1098 is correct; almost all of these bikes suffered from some issues. The very early bikes in the series utilized pistons with only one ring which led to major oil consumption problems as the ring(s) wore. Additionally, the valve return springs on the early bikes were prone to fail and the throttle bodies had a tendency to bind and stick in the open position. I am an older rider, own #68 and purchased it for display purposes only. I did take it back to the dealer to have a number of recall/warranty items addressed. While in the dealer's shop, Ducati instructed the dealer to rebuild my engine (goodwill warranty) utilizing the then current pistons/rings as well as updated valve springs and throttle bodies Other than dyno time, my bike has no miles on it. Sorry, but I don't know how far into the build run these problems existed until Ducati addressed them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts