Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have for sale a Ohlins rear shock - DU8110 - the shock was just freshly rebuilt by Peter Kates at Computrack boston (at a cost of 150 dollars)... I was told by previous owner that at time of sale shock had a few k miles of use on it.

The reason for the rebuild was that I recently bought the shock off here and figured before having it installed on my 1198 that it made sense to refresh it now rather then having to take it off the bike later

Peter told me depending on riding style - the shock should be good for 5-10k miles before it should be refreshed again.

I have receipt for proof of work and you are more then welcome to contact Peter. If you don't kow .. Peter is one of the top suspension guys in the country.

The shock is sprung with the 90 spring which is for 200 lb rider.

This is a direct drop in for 1098/1198 and I'm positive for 848 as well

looking to get 425/ BO shipped... Ive seen used shocks that have not been refreshed sell for this much

There are a few knicks on the shock but nothing affects functionality .. .. the shock is at his shop as I was going to go get it installed but Ive decided I want to get a new exhaust for my fz-09 and this would help pay for a chunk of it

I have a couple pics on my phone now but I can get better pics when I stop by the shop to get it

I have bought and sold a ton on here.. always 100% feedback .. feel free to search for my posts

text me at 508 287 5384 or drop me a pm if interested

located in MASS and local pickup is obvis welcome

Freshly rebuilt (that is just a sticker that will come off)

Here are pics I have that show any nicks on the shock .. again nothing affects its performance but I want to be completely upfront here

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Looks the same...probably added sticker for extra power. Most stickers give you an additional 5 hp at the wheel.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes that is correct ..the most recent pics have the sticker from computrack over the ohlins sticker

These can be removed ...they were put on by them after they did the service

I posted older pics because it's what I had at the time of the listing that clearly showed the condition of the shock ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.