Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gents, I have a spare fairing stay bracket (gold-color), that is aftermarket and BRAND NEW.

I lined it up with the OEM fairing stay, and it's perfect. The only difference is that the gold-color is slightly darker (but it's still that gold-ish finish), and it's a sturdier metal so it's a few grams heavier; the material is cast Aluminum.

It is Brand NEW - never mounted... no scuffs, perfect...

I am interested in any sort of trade, so let me know what you have to offer. I am in the market for some front/rear axle frame sliders... must be in excellent/like-new condition. However, let me know what you guys have to offer!

Please feel free to message me with any questions. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Probably need to be careful using a description like "HD billet aluminium".

These stays, be they the original magnesium part or the cheaper die-cast aluminium replacement, are CAST.

Can't imagine it being machined out of a solid piece of billet. It would need to start out as a very big piece!

Just thought to mention that before anyone accuses you of anything over an innocent mistake!

The aluminium replacements were much cheaper (at around $80) than the magnesium original for hundreds.

Just as strong, but significantly heavier.

GLWS.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the input. I changed the listing - as I believe they are cast as well. When I bought the fairing stay, that's what it was advertised as, but I can vouch that it's cast...

However, the fairing stay is solid, and looks exactly like the OEM ones (just SLIGHTLY darker). Looks/feels strong/sturdy. When I lift both stays (OEM vs Aftermarket) with my hands, I do notice that the aftermarket one is heavier, but it's not significant; maybe my one arm is stronger than the other? hahaha... Unfortunately, I don't have a gram-scale to weight the two for comparison...

However, this Aftermarket fairing stay is BRAND NEW, and the quality is there. If anyone is interested, I can take a picture of the OEM vs Aftermarket as comparison...

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I bought a cheap one off eBay....it's for my racebike, so I'm not too concerned, however if it were for my streetbike I'd be pissed. The one I got is black cast aluminum. There's a few holes that are too large and don't have the factory threads....

Your gold one sounds much better than what I bought. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.