Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

This is my first thread in this forum. If I make mistakes, please advice.

I am looking to install my valentine1 detector on my 1198.

Since I want to make this install functional and clean, I am hoping to get some advice from people who already went this route.

Currently I have purchased a techmount in 53mm. However, I just saw this image that will allow me also to mount my gopro or any other electronic device for future upgrades.

Does any one know the name of company who produces this fork mount? I welcome any input....

I truly do not remember where I got this image from so please forgive me for not given credit to it's owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hello friends,

I just installed the go pro in this new position.

What do you guys think? Has any one in this forum tried this location?

I am using the fork mount for my valentine one, so I need to be creative with a go pro mount location.

I was thinking in using a hand wrist gopro strap and wrap it around the fork just above the front wheel fender.

I am open to any suggestions!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Hello friends,

I just installed the go pro in this new position.

What do you guys think? Has any one in this forum tried this location?

I am using the fork mount for my valentine one radar so I need to be creative with a go pro mount location.

I was thinking in using a hand wrist gopro strap and wrap it around the fork just above the front wheel fender.

I am open to any suggestions!
Yep, used it many times in that spot because of lack of options, and it sucks. Most of my videos are from that position, and then I always have to edit them and rotate them by 18 degrees, but then you get 2 black corners when you do that so you have to zoom in/stretch out the video and you lose some quality. On top of that it also shakes a bit more because it's on the fairing.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Don't put it above the wheel fender, if you don't want to lose it! A friend of mine did that and lost it on the first bump...missed a very elementary thing ;) Might seem like you have enough clearance when the bike is standing in your garage but that clearance goes down to pretty much nothing under heavy braking or when you hit a bump and the forks compress a lot.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Personally I don't like the camera on the front or on the fairings.
When you view the video you loose the sence of the speed and what are you doing controlling the beast on curves.
I have an attachment in the tank and use it for the radar detector and on top I mount the camera. It gives me a complete view of the dash plus the road ahead.
I also mount the camera on the left rear peg and that's gives also a good view ahead plus when leaning it gives more justice of how far you are leaning and shifting.
This year what to try place it in front of my helmet below the face shield so it will have my view.
I think is a matter of preference on what you want to see when viewing your adventures.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Personally I don't like the camera on the front or on the fairings.
When you view the video you loose the sence of the speed and what are you doing controlling the beast on curves.
I have an attachment in the tank and use it for the radar detector and on top I mount the camera. It gives me a complete view of the dash plus the road ahead.
I also mount the camera on the left rear peg and that's gives also a good view ahead plus when leaning it gives more justice of how far you are leaning and shifting.
This year what to try place it in front of my helmet below the face shield so it will have my view.
I think is a matter of preference on what you want to see when viewing your adventures.
Interesting...I found it to be the exact opposite. Putting it on the tank does indeed let you see more of what you and the bike are doing, but just like having a camera inside a car, you tend to lose the sense of speed. Putting it on the outside makes it look like you're going faster than if you have it on the tank.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
I want a place with the least vibration. I've had it mounted just about everywhere each position gives you a different perspective so I'm not bias to a particular one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just picked up a Hero 4 Session. Between the smaller size, cube design, and the pivoting mount that comes with it, it really does open up a lot more mounting options...

Much better deal now that they dropped the price pretty substantially as well.

Does nothing to directly answer your question, but...

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I mount my contour camera directly to the side of my helmet. It's not nearly as blocky as the GoPro is, though a bit heavier. I think that's one of the best ways to convey how much we move around.
And the least vibrations.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Friends,

I have been thinking in the idea of drilling a whole in the windshield. I have seen this set up and makes a lot of sense to me. But if I drill, it will be at a much lower location in the shield.

What do you think about making a whole at this location?

I truly do not know who or where I located this images. Sorry for not giving credit to rightful owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
High vibrations.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm using this little guy from Moto Riva they make a whole new steering nut with a thicker head to be able to tap a ram mount ball on the top. I like it cause it looks like its "suppose to be there"

MotoReva - Ducati Tools and Supplies
I know Rubbish doesn't like this mount, but I've used it on my 1098 and I don't think the video is bad. Excuse the jumpy video, I had a bad tire on the front end that had loads of chatter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.