Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Test rode the 821 today and Im so bummed. The bike is amazing and I love everything about it.

Except the frame was putting pressure on the inside of my knees. Right where that rubber piece inserts, its sharp and was really uncomfortable for the entire ride. Anyone else experience this? Im 5'9' with a 31" inseam. Im so surprised nobody has mentioned this, and so sad! Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Auto part Fuel tank Motor vehicle

·
Registered
364 Posts
That's what aftermarket rearsets are for....

If your knee is that low, you need to change the foot position..........
If you look closely, there isn't any provision to install any type of bolt on rear set.

OP, I suggest finding some other sort of frame plug, or relax your legs a bit more so they don't hit. I must be quite a lazy rider as I haven't noticed it hitting my knees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel really well positioned on the bike, way more comfort than my '03. But my legs would have be really long to avoid that plug touching the insides. Do different frame plugs exist that could smooth out that shape point?

I did so much research I expected to be riding my new Monster today but thats a deal breaker.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Or you can purchase rearsets and adjust accordingly. My knees hit that plug too. Most noticing when tightly griping during acceleration or braking.
In fact theres always something on the monster that pokes or doesnt feel right.
Frame plug on inside knees
Exhaust heat sheild / passenger peg area hits back of boot.
Exhaust and heat sheild hits against inside leg

All of these little issues can be riden around but inevitablely theres something distracting you

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you adjust the seat height, which is built-in on the 821, that would move your knee away from the frame.
But as said above, your knees should be nested into the tank. Perhaps you are using a sports bike riding position and need to be a bit more upright?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I ride on the front of my feet on the pegs the way you should. That then points your knees downward towards that frame area. If I ride on the arch which feels awkward to me my knees go higher but not much. I feel the seat /tank junction needs to be wider as trying to grip with legs it feels a little skinny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.