Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added some Rizoma frame sliders about a week ago. Over the weekend, I pull into a gas station behind a woman in a SUV. There are two pumps, both open. Instead of pulling forward to the first pump, she stops at the second one. Fine. I'm stopped behind her to see if she is going to get out and start pumping or go ahead and pull forward to the first pump.

She does neither. Instead, she puts it in reverse and backs into me! She backed into my front tire, which tipped me over. I didn't drop the bike, but was able to more or less gently lay it down. Only damage was a scratch on the clutch lever.

Driver was a foreigner who claims to have been confused by the "Shell with Nitrogen" sign. Guess she wasn't sure if her vehicle ran on nitrogen or not.

Anyway-- get the frame sliders!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I added some Rizoma frame sliders about a week ago.
Anyway-- get the frame sliders!

I got the Evotech frame sliders. I researched them prior to buying the bike and installed them a couple weeks after taking delivery. Expensive, but I liked the design and the location of the bobbins.

I tested them out as well - right in my gravel driveway after grabbing too much front brake. That'll teach me to use the front brake on gravel. Sheesh. Like I'm a newbie or something... Anyway - the Evotech sliders performed perfectly. The only thing to touch besides the slider was the edge of the mirror. Whew....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts