Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to protect my newly acquired SF 1098. I saw these on ebay and looks wise they dont hurt. Im wondering about performance.:stickpoke

Anyone dealt with Delrin Carbon material before? or suggestions?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
So I want to protect my newly acquired SF 1098. I saw these on ebay and looks wise they dont hurt. Im wondering about performance.:stickpoke

Anyone dealt with Delrin Carbon material before? or suggestions?
Those are garbage. I haven't had any personal experience, but I had a buddy go down on an R6 with those...wasn't much left, and offered minimal protection. Once you pop the top cap off, that carbon just disengrates.

Check out: Speedymoto. They make a quality protector. Sliders are cheap...frames aren't.

Ducati Frame Slider Kit - Please check fitment chart!: SpeedyMoto Ducati

Motowheels carries them!

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
I'll 2nd the SpeedyMoto and the words about delrin and CF. They look cool but will come apart in a get down.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's just a carbon sleeve over an undercut delrin slider. mostly for the bling factor I think.

I have and say the strongest sliders for these bikes are woodcraft sliders because of their clamped and bolted aluminum support base.Most sliders are just delrin pucks with a piece of threaded rod. These bikes being that they are twins are very narrow as far as frame support goes , so the slider has to be very long to be of any use , that is a lot to ask of just a piece of plastic .

·
Registered
262 Posts
+1 on the SpeedyMoto. just put them on my SP awesome fit, excellent quality!

·
Registered
272 Posts
T-REX frame sliders seems like good quality i don't have it on 848 but i have installed on another of my bikes and the quality is there.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
I've got speedy moto on all my bikes, the through bolt is high quality and the ends where the sliders go over are stainless steel so they won't snap off. Someone on another stie posted their sliders from their monster after a 40+ lowside and they held up well, and he drove the bike away. I have also heard alot of support for the woodcraft sliders, but I've also seen people post that they have snapped off as well, and I'm not a fan of how they clamp into the trellis. through or under is up to you, either way you're probably going to replace plastic if you get off at speed. Just note with the speedy moto you will have to get a smaller battery like a shorai or a ballistic to fit the slider. it's an upgreade that many people make anyway though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Under-body or thru-body?
(thinking about getting a set of the under-body for mine.)
I have the SM sliders on my S4RS...cheap insurance.
Under Body of course....lol. also put the fork sliders and rear swingarm slider ons

·
Registered
726 Posts
does that stuff flake off the red paint where it fits into? i would think they would make the tamper from a hard plastic than metal which would damage the paint..or at least provide a gasket of some sort.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've got under fairing speedymoto sliders. Went down at approx 50 mph and slid a good 100 feet or so. Fairings we're trashed, not even a scratch on the sliders though.. Frame did get damaged at the rearset frame tabs though... T other then that the usual.. Upper fairing, upper fairy g stay, right mirror, right rearset, and brake pedal

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
I've seen sliders by the rear sets on some honda and yamaha bikes in addition to the frame sliders. anyone seen this on ducati yet?

and an additional note- I just put the speedy moto under body sliders on my 2012 848evo today and It didn't need a smaller battery as the instructions stated. I don't know if ducati moved the battery or speedy moto doesn't proff their intructions.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I've seen sliders by the rear sets on some honda and yamaha bikes in addition to the frame sliders. anyone seen this on ducati yet?

and an additional note- I just put the speedy moto under body sliders on my 2012 848evo today and It didn't need a smaller battery as the instructions stated. I don't know if ducati moved the battery or speedy moto doesn't proff their intructions.
Eric,

T-Rex is the only company I have seen to make quality frame sliders that are underbody and near rearset type.

0708 TRex Ducati 1098 R/S and 0911 1198 S/R SP

I think Speedy doesn't proof read. Mine fit like a dream.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
after another look, I think I can just put another set of through body speedymotos on the rear engine bolt to save my rear sets on a low side. the superbike race circuit must do something similar to be able to keep rinding after a get off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
as an alternative to round type fliders, Puig makes
, though I havent seen many with them. What do the experienced think?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts