Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else besides SpeedyMoto sell under-fairing sliders? I went to purchase them today and they were "backordered."

·
Registered
370 Posts
TexasKid said:
Neverind...just bought them from to Motovation site.
Can you post a pic after you have install it please?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is there any advantage to the Speedymoto sliders compared to the Motovation sliders? The motovation sliders are about $50 cheaper.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
One thing to consider, as I just got a question regrading frame sliders just yesterday... Frame sliders will NOT eliminate 100% damage to your bike!!! You'll most definately get some scrapes, tears and breaks, even with a gentle off kick stand tip over.

Frame sliders ultimate job is to prevent major (major being the keyword here) damage to the engine, drivetrain and or suspension of the bike, so after a spill the rider can get back home or to where ever he or she needs to go with little to no problems.

Take into consideration that on a 1098 if it goes down (with frame sliders) you'll most likely still bust a lever, need a new bar end or whole bar, possibly even the entire clip on, a mirror, peg and or shifter / linkage, scraped tail or swing arm, scratched fairing, upper fairing, etc, etc...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Still waiting for some thru-fairing sliders.
Anyone find something yet??

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
DUCMILLE said:
Still waiting for some thru-fairing sliders.
Anyone find something yet??
R&G and Speedy Moto both make through ones...

Jason

·
Registered
337 Posts
Jason --- Perfect. R&G thru the fairing it is.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
DUCMILLE said:
Jason --- Perfect. R&G thru the fairing it is.
Thanks!
300 bucks and your set!

Jason

ps. Not sure I like on R&G's site how it says for some of the products "These Spindle Sliders are suitable for the Ducati 1098S.".

Suitable? Not sure I like that word...

Motovation...

"These axle sliders protect the swingarm wheel hub during a slide and are specially made for the Ducati 1098 S/R/Tricolore. Unlike others manufacturers that rely on standard internal diameters and an interference fit for many different bikes, MV Axle Sliders utilize a through the axle stainless steel rod and black anodized aluminum axle adapters that the slider pucks are secured to with stainless steel aircraft grade locknuts. It is the strongest possible mounting configuration. The fit and finish is specific to the bike that they are made for."

I like this...

"...specially made for the Ducati 1098 S/R/Tricolore."

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
DucatiGuy said:
One thing to consider, as I just got a question regrading frame sliders just yesterday... Frame sliders will NOT eliminate 100% damage to your bike!!! You'll most definately get some scrapes, tears and breaks, even with a gentle off kick stand tip over.

Frame sliders ultimate job is to prevent major (major being the keyword here) damage to the engine, drivetrain and or suspension of the bike, so after a spill the rider can get back home or to where ever he or she needs to go with little to no problems.

Take into consideration that on a 1098 if it goes down (with frame sliders) you'll most likely still bust a lever, need a new bar end or whole bar, possibly even the entire clip on, a mirror, peg and or shifter / linkage, scraped tail or swing arm, scratched fairing, upper fairing, etc, etc...
I think through the fairing sliders would protect the fairings and most other things from any damage if you dropped the bike in the garage, I know it did on my 600RR.

Jason

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
DucatiGuy said:
Lets just hope no one ever finds out ...
Agree but with through the fairing sliders and spools, I think you would be safe atleast in a drop.

Jason

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered the Motivation under the body sliders and R&G fork & swingarm sliders (emotouk.com) about a month ago...haven't received EITHER set.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts