Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and recently bought a 2013 848 EVO bike looked in near perfect condition with 6000km on it , under closer inspection I noticed the frame tab that holds the horn has snapped off, possibly a bad tack weld, but its a clean break not bent or from dropping the bike , anyways I don't want to mess with tack welding it back on as I am sure it will make a mess , I need some help finding a new location that I can bolt the horn too, I can extend the wires to accommodate new location !

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You can just straighten the bracket out , drill a hole in it and use one of the fairing stay screws to hold it in place. The cable should be long enough to move the horn back and upwards to that position.

Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum!

You can just straighten the bracket out , drill a hole in it and use one of the fairing stay screws to hold it in place. The cable should be long enough to move the horn back and upwards to that position.

Hope that makes sense.

are you saying to put it up near the tac, any pics would help !

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Actually… forget my initial idea. Put it further back, near the black box on the same side of the motor. There are a few screw's that hold that box on, just use one of those to thread through the hole you're gonna drill in the mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.