Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Thanks Carbon

( how come nobody thanked you before? )

I cant email mine to anyone, 'cause the file's too large....but this is perfect.
You should wear a cape, man!

Cheers
Rags

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Yup, Carbon is 'The Dude'!
perhaps 'Dude of the year' !

He went nearly the whole year without being thanked.
....but, before the year's end, and just in the nik of time...those kids without manuals can have satisfaction... and may find their lost battery (or whatever)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sorry to be the pardypooper but I guess you missed it too. Here it is:

"Reproduction or disclosure of all or part of the contents of this manual is strictly forbidden. All rights on this manual are reserved for Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. Applications for authorization for reproduction must be submitted in writing and must specify the reasons for such reproduction."

Heros aren't thieves. Posting copyrighted material on a public forum for the world to see is just plain stupid. I hope nobody gets in trouble.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Thieves are the guys who charge 8 bucks for a windscrene bolt, 214 bucks for a replacement bar.
Still, your point is interesting, but bare in mind that, if one didn't want to pay 100 bucks for a manual, and therefore wouldn't and didn't purchace it.... but found it free some time later on a website, and thought ''oh, yeah, that may be an informative and fun read" and subsequently downloaded the thing, which never would have been purchased anyhow, who is losing anything?
You could also download Yesterday, by McCartney, with royalties paid to Jackson's estate, but then, I dont think you'd be hurting anyone

·
Registered
191 Posts
nice....now how did you get it from the CD to PDF form?? i have the 1198/s one that i'm sure would be a "fun" read on here...i just don't know how to make it pdf

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
Sorry to be the pardypooper but I guess you missed it too. Here it is:

"Reproduction or disclosure of all or part of the contents of this manual is strictly forbidden. All rights on this manual are reserved for Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. Applications for authorization for reproduction must be submitted in writing and must specify the reasons for such reproduction."

Heros aren't thieves. Posting copyrighted material on a public forum for the world to see is just plain stupid. I hope nobody gets in trouble.
Seriously?

My mattress came with a "do not remove" tag, but I did it. I'm told that using anti seize on my truck's wheel studs is strictly forbidden too, but I'll risk all eight nuts loosening off and the wheel flying off before I get to re-torque it (soo unlikely) as opposed to snapping half the studs because they're rusted solid.

How about Napster, Bit Torrent, P2P sites? Really? This isn't some starving artist I'm stealing the life work from, it's a manual on fixing a bike I already paid for created because it's complicated enough that even a professional mechanic needs more intel.

If the manual copywrite police come after me while the continent spirals into economic and social waste and major crimes don't even have the man power to be addressed we're all doomed.

This is Elton worthy moral nit picking, let's just thank the uploader and move on.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Yup
Its like the Lobster...... it was a big momma, over 80 years old, and there was some kinda debate on the morals of eating such a grand creature.
They took it to the streets on...Letterman, as I remember.
Blah Blah yada yada ....anyway, after all the bleading hearts had their say, they grabbed this dude...and he said...and remember, this applies to us now...
he said
He's a Lobster. He's in a Lobster tank. He's in a Lobster tank in a Lobster Restaurant.
I say he's food !

1 - 20 of 37 Posts