Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and searched with no mention of this issue. I have a shop manual, and I searched online.
I recently purchased a 2007 1098, 6500 mi. I am going through everything and doing cleaning and maintenance. I flushed out the clutch and rear brake fluid as best I could. I'm looking at flushing the front brake fluid and I know how to flush or bleed brakes. However, the bleed screws on the front calipers are directly adjacent to the brake fluid lines coming into the calipers. It seems to me that the new fluid will go directly from the brake line into the top of the caliper and then out the bleeder. Why does no one ever mention that the caliper seems like it will still hold all the old fluid and will not be properly flushed? Maybe I'm being anal here, but I'd like to flush it all.

· Registered
147 Posts
That says to remove slave or caliper, push the piston in with banjo bolt off. Turn the cali/slav upside down to empty. Keep the bleeder open and keep pumping. My way of bleeding is the nipple is opened once and closed once.

Signed,
'Got arm pump on the first moto'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts