Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody found a different way of attaching the front brake hose at the fender besides using the stock grommet/clip thingy? Maybe I should just replace it with the factory set up . . .

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
You could try removing the rivit in the clip that is already there and drill another hole next to the old hole for the rivit that has been removed. Then you could hold the brake line with a cable tie.
But why, what is wrong with the stock setup?

Hope your not in Australia, I had to wait 6 weeks for that clip on back order from Ducati.
It ended up quicker to get it from the UK.

As with most stuff for my bike now I order from OS, either US or UK, much better service and much quicker that way.
Ducati here in Australia are hopeless and that is why I will not buy another one.
I like the bike just the backup is pretty shit as well as the dealer and service centre that I used to use.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The original clip has completely lost its tension and won't keep the brake line from floating around. Probably not a huge deal, I'd just like to clean it up by replacing the worn part

·
Banned
429 Posts
rather than use a rivet i use a screen well nut and allen head bolt, no clearance issues and i can remove it if i need to (though i don't think i'll need to) .

·
Banned
429 Posts
Ducati here in Australia are hopeless and that is why I will not buy another one.
I like the bike just the backup is pretty shit as well as the dealer and service centre that I used to use.

shame isn't it, what amazes me is that no one at ducati SpA seem to care.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brake hose clip . . .

cropduster, some time ago I posted a question regarding the brake hose clip on the front fender of my 1098. You answered as follows:

"rather than use a rivet i use a screen well nut and allen head bolt, no clearance issues and i can remove it if i need to (though i don't think i'll need to)"

any chance you might have a photo of the set up? Not sure I understand what your solution looks like . ..

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I think he is talking about making the plastic clip removable by replacing the rivet with a screw and nut.
Either a plain nut or well-nut would have plenty of room, as it is well away from the tyre.
I actually need one of these plastic clips for my crashed 1198 I am gradually rebuilding. It didn't come with a front 'guard.
I have bought two immaculate 'guards - one red and one black - but neither came with the wretched clip..
:(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand now. My problem seems to be like everybody else's: the clip itself is shot .... I guess I'll keep looking .... Thank you :)

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Do you remember their name?

Was it new or second-hand?

They seem to lose their grip on the hose after a while, although that might relate to the rubber sleeve on the hose, which will be harder to replace..

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
When you don't want to wait for a part check eBay. The last thing I bought was throttle cables for $30 instead of $90 and they had no damage on them. I also received them in less then a week. Good luck getting any Ducati part in less then a week.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When you don't want to wait for a part check eBay. The last thing I bought was throttle cables for $30 instead of $90 and they had no damage on them. I also received them in less then a week. Good luck getting any Ducati part in less then a week.
I got some silent blocks for mounting the dash, from the dealer, Italy to the UK in 4 days!

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Mine used to come out of the clip as well. I loosened the banjo bolts just enough to let the fittings move and re-arranged the cross over line and it has not popped out since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts