Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if 749/999 front brake calipers will bolt straight on to 996 forks? Is the offset and disc in the right place?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Do you mean the non-radial 65mm ones right? Yep, they fit totally fine, it's the same design. Only the R model 100mm offset radial mount calipers won't fit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you mean the non-radial 65mm ones right? Yep, they fit totally fine, it's the same design. Only the R model 100mm offset radial mount calipers won't fit.

Excellent, and thanks for your response. Yes I mean the conventionally mounted ones, not the radials. Are they any better than the standard earlier Brembos fitted to the 748/916/996 bikes?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The 748R was the pinnacle of those calipers, it was a 4 pad/pot which is the best they made. Brembo did make a billet version but I believe it required a different rotor due to the offset change. There are two standard cast versions, one with 2 pads and one with 4 pads. I'm not quite sure which ones the base 749/999 uses.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The mounting bolt hole centres are the same (65mm).
Offset looks similar. If anything the earlier rotors might need to be spaced outwards with washers.
Later Brembo caliper is 4 pad, earlier 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts